Straight or Angled?

Buckriser

Im looking into getting a spotter, and would like to know if one is better than the other? It seems there is alot more to choose from if i go with straight. What would be some pros and cons to either one? Thanks!

I personally like the angled scopes as it feels more ergonomically correct on my neck(less neck fatigue). Angled scopes can take a little time getting used to acquiring animals in the field of view. I personally look down the barrel of the scope and get it close and then fine tune when looking through it.

Straights are usually less expensive for same model and easier to find animals in the field of view. I find that my neck feels kinked after scouring the hills and usually need to fully extend the tripods if standing up. The wind can move your scope around when tripods get fully extended.

As for which one... I am partial to the Vortex Brand... Great Value for the Money and the Warranty is second to none.

CS

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - www.vipoptics.com

+1 for the angled. The lack of neck fatigue is a major issue when you are glassing for extended periods of time.

Let's see, original post, +1, +1, I guess that makes my +1 a total of +3 for angled. Always thought straight, 'til I bought angled. LOVE it! Wouldn't have it any other way. Do a search in the optics forum, and you will find this topic discussed numerous times.

Angled IMO is good for less neck strain and easier to look up steep mountains and hills but looking down hill is a Pain as is locating an animal at a distance with the angled it will take some getting use to.

THE LORD IS MY ROCK
COLORADO,USA
NRA LIFE MEMBER
HUNTING PASS IT ON

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom