Strip Hunt 12

MEANTTOBBUCK

My Strip Buck
4154109.jpg

6295109.jpg

It took me 9 years to get the tag a second time. I drew in 03. I have some other pictures I have not seen yet and I will try to post some close ups. It is really a unique rack with plenty of mass. I sure am happy with him.

Great buck with awesome mass!

I had camped very near the spot you got him when I was up there doing pre-season scouting. However I never saw this guy either in person or on trail cam.

Really neat buck, congratulations!

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Very nice, love that mass.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

you kicked some ass on that hunt and that deer is fricking priceless no one will be able to find such a unique rack like that, way to go dad what a retirement gift from the man upstairs
cant wait to hit the woods

I had a 13b archery tag this year and was able to see this buck in person and his mass is unreal with the antler growth being so down from the past few years has me wondering what this buck would have been?

PICT0879_zps70ad268e.jpg

PICT0878_zps6f09bd40.jpg

PICT0877_zps7f66ff58.jpg

PICT0876_zps586014d7.jpg

PICT0875_zpse1996d51.jpg

PICT0874_zpsc2216f55.jpg

PICT0873_zps9efe1319.jpg

PICT0872_zps6fa89b5d.jpg

PICT0871_zps8ea8d851.jpg

PICT0870_zpsb3e3c699.jpg

PICT0869_zpsd2ac8b98.jpg

PICT0868_zps68c0f080.jpg

YOU AINT GOING TO KILL A BIG BUCK UNLESS THERE IS A BIG BUCK WHERE YOUR HUNTING!!!

You are right. With just a couple of rains in May and June he might have been incredible with branching higher. I am very happy with him and thanks for posting the photos.

How kool!!!!!!

You draw a great tag on not such a great year, you take a great buck for the conditions and someone posts cam photos of the buck from Sept. I think that's kool!!!!!

That's pretty nice right there.Love the cam shots of his buck.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I think it is awesome to see those trail cam photos of my buck. In the mule deer forum I learned that an archery hunter actually shot and missed my deer. His friend also posted trail cam photos.

MEANTTOBBUCK I don't know where you read about someone missing the buck on the archery hunt but I know I sure did miss him. I found this buck about a month before the season.
1111_zps43045626.jpg

I put all my efforts on this buck and even though I had many close calls I never could seal the deal. I saw this buck 13 times in a row morning and evening but then one day he just disappeared. but I never gave up so around 11:30 am on September 4th after not turning the buck up I was cruising checking trail cameras and on my way to one of the cameras 4 or 5 bucks bounded right in front of me going down a wash. that was the first time I had ever seen your massive buck. I left my Fat Cat running in the road grabbed my bow and rangefinder and was off tracking these bucks which was not hard at all saying it poured rain the night before. within the next 2 hours I was able to draw back on this buck 4 different times between 60-80 yards away but was unable to get a shot. I ended up spooking the bucks and the massive buck split off and went up and over a ridge so I waited for about 45 minutes before going after him right when I got to where the buck last topped the ridge I saw the buck standing between 2 cedar trees. I quickly hit my knees guessed the buck to be about 50 yards but ranged it to make sure and it read 77 yards to my surprise I drew back put my 80 pin low behind its shoulder and watched my arrow fly about 3 inches over the bucks back and the buck ran off! bummed out I returned back to camp frustrated as could be set up my target at 77 yards and shot 3 dozen arrows dead on every time. then I set the target up at 50 yards and shot as it was 77 and hit about 2 feet high my guess is in my hurry to range I must have ranged under the bucks belly at something farther then the massive buck. Not even sure at what the deer was that I shot at all I could remember was that it had mass from hell and at least one inline. I returned to the area that i had seen the deer and checked the camera that I was headed to in the first place. and was excited to see that buck was on my camera.
I hunted hard and learned so much leaving the Strip empty handed was tough even though I gave it my all!

Even though 2012 will go down in history as one of the worse antler growth in Arizona Strip history I sure cant wait to return there again to hunt deer with my Bow!!!

YOU AINT GOING TO KILL A BIG BUCK UNLESS THERE IS A BIG BUCK WHERE YOUR HUNTING!!!

Where I heard about an archer missing my buck was on the mule deer forum. The guy that posted said his friend had the archery tag and that he had trail cam photos of my buck. Thanks for the story of your hunt. Sorry you did not tag out but with all of that rain it had to be tough. Hopefully someday you and I will get drawn up there. I hope that was not the last time I hunt there.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom