Struggling youth elk tag

Good luck. I have seen success up that way on social media today. Seems the rut is way late this year. At least on general units. I bow hunted til last Sunday.

He's saying he can't find elk. Assuming he has the youth tag. Up there til Sunday. Just very poorly written
I get that but I still don't get his point. I thought he was possibly asking for help but after I sent him a pm telling him that I knew where some elk were and I was willing to point him in a good direction. There's been no response back at all from him. So that's why I was asking what's the point in his post. I hope things worked out for them.

I never found the elk on the soapstone this year during general archery season. It was a rough 5 days for me at the end of the season. Usually, I find them in the same place year-after-year. Not this year, and I'm guessing it's because there is water in places that don't usually have water. I hike about 15 miles all together in those five days and never even turned over a fresh track. I also never saw a buck deer for what that's worth. I did find a few moose.

I hope one of my kids pulls the youth tag someday. ?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom