Stupid Hurricane!

FishlakeElkHunter

Very Active Member
So I am all packed and ready to leave on Saturday night to fly to Pennsylvania for my 7 day Archery Whitetail hunt.....and then...a stupid Hurricane happens!!

I am not sure if the trip will still be on or not now. The EYE of this storm is looking to go right through my hunting area! They are calling for massive winds and huge flooding. There might not be a tree stand left when all is said and done!!!

I hate my luck!!!!

oh...and I already had to turn in a CWMU deer tag this year....the Hunting gods hate me this year!!!

FLEH---

I think by this Sunday you should be okay....for hunting if you are travelling on Saturday.

The storm should be long gone---

Trees down could make for some restrictive travel corridors for the deer and maybe have them some what funnelled----

Ground blind if no treestand trees are available?

Keep the faith!

Robb

So it looks like Pa made it ok. Watching the news this morning. Any news from the coworkers in Pa ?

I agree,Fallguy.Not being able to hunt is small potatoes compared to what those people are having to deal with.Still sucks,but put it into perspective and it doesn't seem so bad.

I in now way wanted to lessen the impact of what those people are going through out there. I have many friends and co-workers that live right in the middle of what is happening. I hope that they are safe and are able to get through this.

I on the other hand, am still a selfish HUNTER! I just want to get hunting!! hahaha

From talking to everyone out there this morning, it looks like the 8 inches of rain they got is making a mess of things....and a lot of the power is out...but other than that, not as bad as expected inland. Now the shores is where things got ugly!

Looks as though the hunt may still be on....and it might even be good as the bucks start to rut next week.....

The Philidelphia Airport was supposed to be opening Tuesday afternoon. We're flying through there on Thursday, and it appears to be a go. (Not hunting, visiting inlaws. :-( )

I fly into Baltimore...It will take a week to catch up with all the cancellations I am sure. That means I prob wont get my first class upgrade! :(

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom