Success! Big bodied buck for my daughter

Sherlock

I put together a little movie of my daughter’s buck from last weekend. I have several hours of video of this buck, but for a myriad of reasons, I chose to shoot a different one on the muzzy, as follows:
7AFA6869-E555-48A3-AD01-9B4EC900C651.jpeg

I showed the video and pics of the big buck to my daughter and she got excited about it and was willing to make the long arduous hike to its area for the rifle hunt. Still ended up almost not working out. But so many things aligned just right, culminating in her getting the target buck. Even at the end, we didn’t know she shot the Big One. It was about 30 minutes later as we reviewed the footage during the hike up to it that we realized she shot THE Big One, not just a big one. We had a bit of a party and she shed a little tear, then we finished hiking to it. Put it together a little quick, but here is the movie…

Nice buck.

I got to ask you, were you folks not concerned at all about the deer directly behind it getting wounded from a passthrough?

Nice buck.

I got to ask you, were you folks not concerned at all about the deer directly behind it getting wounded from a passthrough?
Absolutely. She had several opportunities to squeeze off the trigger when there was no deer behind her. I was surprised the gun went off when it did. I thought she knew that, but as a 16 y/o she still has some things to learn. We talked about it after. Relieved she didn’t hit the other deer, too. Another lesson learned.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom