suddenly slower speed

alp75

Very Active Member
So my bow has been shooting great for months now. Recently I noticed the serving on my cable that goes through the roller guard to be starting to fray. So I take it to a shop and have it re-served and now I am shooting about an inch low at 20 and a few inches low at 40. Could the new serving be slowing my bow down? Is it possible that they put the new serving over the top of the old thus adding more weight and slowing it down? Bad time of year to have to start trouble shooting an otherwise smooth shooting bow! Any thoughts from the "experts" out there? Something else I should be looking at?

Thanks.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-02-12 AT 05:31PM (MST)[p]Ok i re read your post yes your bow was taken apart and its just one of them things that happens i would just move your hole sight down till your 20 is back on and you should be good.but i would go ahead and check all pins .

+1 you mess with the string and your always going to have a little tweeking and resighting your pins. Shooter's method should be the best fix and yes shoot all your pins prior to your hunt.

))))------>

Thanks for the responses. I didn't think that pulling the string off and re-serving would make that dramatic of a difference, but I had to re paper tune and re-sight in, but now it looks like I am good to go. 20-40 is good, and tomorrow I am going to test at longer distances. I have a tommy hog and hopefully it doesn't affect my sight tape.

Ya any time your string comes off your guna need to adjust your sight a slight bit .With a good bow tech like mine :) be with in an inch :)happy hunting !

Did you have witness marks on your cams to show they didn't move. You could have stretch in the reserved cable and that's why your bow isn't as fast. He may have not twisted the string to the same length when he put it back on and the cams not in the same position. He more than likely removed the cable to reserve it and you may have to twist things a bit to get the same installed lengths you were sighted in at. Shooters moving the sight pin suggestion will work but if you bows shooting slower your pin gap will increase or vice versa if faster. It may be that your draw length isn't exactly the same now too hence the witness marks on the cam.

This is very true if you just move the sight and all pins are good then something was just off a touch .If you half to adjust every pin then like said your prob are shooting a bit slower .

>Did you have witness marks on
>your cams to show they
>didn't move. You could have
>stretch in the reserved cable
>and that's why your bow
>isn't as fast. He may
>have not twisted the string
>to the same length when
>he put it back on
>and the cams not in
>the same position. He more
>than likely removed the cable