Suggestions for how to mount my buck?

Y

Yoyak

I shot this buck last fall and I'm considering getting him mounted. I got the cape back and the taxidermist tells me that a 22" form would fit him perfectly.

I did a european mount myself and it turned out great and I'm reluctant to get him mounted because I don't want the mount to make the deer look smaller than he looks as a european mount.

So i'm looking for some suggestion on what position/form that would show off the horns the best and what to do with those 24" wide ears.

If anyone has any bucks around this size that you had mounted I'd love to see some pictures of how they turned out for ideas.

He's 23.5" wide and 18" tall from the skull straight up, 173" gross.

Thanks

DSCF1597.jpg

DSCF1598.jpg

DSCF1616.jpg

DSCF1618.jpg

DSCF1613.jpg

Semi sneak left or right turn. one ear foward one back pretty buck look's like idaho area 39.

Here are a couple of pics for ya!

This buck is 24 1/2" wide in a semi sneak (altered head up) both ears back.
051.jpg

This buck is 28 1/2 " wide in a full sneak with both ears back.
054.jpg

This buck 19 7/8" wide in a semi sneak with on ear forward and one back.
060.jpg

I have two more just waiting to be finished maybe by next Friday that I will post pics of if you need to see more to help. They are both altered.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-02-09 AT 12:58PM (MST)[p]Thanks for the pictures, I like the semi sneak I just need to decide which way to turn the head and what to do with the ears. I think I'll probably pin both of them back but probably not straight back.

Ya wacmaster its unit 39, day after Thanksgiving. Are you from Idaho? If not that is a dam good guess given the limited background in the pictures.

Another reason why I'm reluctant to get it mounted is because it has to look good next to these two.

DSCF1634.jpg

Here is how the european turned out....Its the star on my Christmas tree.

DSCF1643.jpg

No i am not but i do hunt up there. Habitat is the biggest key in that pic that lead me to beleive it was 39.Alway's wanted to bow hunt up there but im alway's tagged out on the rifle hunt.European's are nice for the game room also.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom