Super Tag

adirondack

I drew a super Tag yesterday and wondering what to expect? I drew the Bighorn Sheep tag. Does anyone know when the sheep are Rutting? I am strongly thinking about trying for a while with my bow. What units should I be checking on?

Congrats. You are one lucky dog.

It is no secret that you will want to focus on Unit 680, and possibly some others nearby.

I helped a friend with a tag last year, and it was the greatest hunt I have ever been on.

You are in for the time of your life.

Rut is November. There is an early archery time frame where tagholders can hunt with a bow for a week prior to rifle season. The seasons are long, mid-September to late-November.

Wow, you have really hit the big one with that tag.

Hope you have a great hunt and shoot a great ram.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

22 chances? I beleive I spent 100.00 bucks. I live right on the border of Canada in northern NY. I would love to hear anything about the sheep in the 'Breaks' or any other good units as I really have no info yet.

I apply for the Breaks but have never even been there. Don't look anywhere else and good luck.

I hunted elk in the breaks, 622, not 680, which I think is the better breaks area for sheep. Saw som slammer sheep up there. I can give you some help if ya need, and if I draw arhery elk this week I'll be heading back out there in September. I'd be willing to give you some info from that week on my return.

By the way - CONGRATS on the tag!

Heading up your neck of the woods this week on vaca.

edpre

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom