Super tag

If you have not received a phone call by Tues. morning telling you were a winner, you did not win.

Winners will be posted on G&F website later today (Tues. July 7).

ClearCreek

Wow! Congratulations to all the Wyoming guys who drew great tags! It's going to be fun.

Zeke

Side note: I'm not sure if the super trifecta would be a blessing or a curse!!!!! It seems like too much for a workin' man to even handle. I know I couldn't do 3 tags justice.

I see a guy from CA got the cougar tag. I wonder what he's going to do with one if he's successful.

>
>Side note: I'm not sure if
>the super trifecta would be
>a blessing or a curse!!!!!
>It seems like too much
>for a workin' man to
>even handle. I know I
>couldn't do 3 tags justice.
>

But I would sure have fun trying to work through a problem like that.

>
>But I would sure have fun
>trying to work through a
>problem like that.

Hey mulecreek, I'd be in PANIC mode right now if I had to scramble with 3 great tags in my pocket.
I about fainted when I finally drew my BH sheep tag this year and cannot imagine having 2 other tags.
I even surrendered a LE premium deer tag in Utah because I don't need the pressure and cannot spare the time or money.
On the surface we all say it would be fun but I really think it would be a curse, for me at least!

Zeke

Zeke,

I think the anxiety is much greater on a draw tag, like your sheep, over the super tag. Given that the draw tag has been waited on for so long and is most likely a once in a lifetime deal. I would view a super tag as found money. No body actually expects to win the tag so if you are lucky enough just enjoy it. Go have fun. Keep in mind that there is no penalty if you don't kill three animals or if the dead critters don't make book. Heck I might even make one of the tags an antelope and just go have a fun hunt with my sons. I would love to be able to wander the hills with the thought in my head, "If its brown, its down." That's just my take. We are all different. I have never really felt too much pressure while hunting. My wife and I both had 102 deer tags a couple years ago. I never chambered a round that season. I just had a great time hunting with my wife. She connected with a buck she liked and I had one of my most enjoyable seasons.

Now when I finally draw a sheep tag in Wyo, it will be a different story.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-15 AT 11:02AM (MST)[p]Well Mr MC, I suppose you're right.

I have no idea why I'm obsessing about it anyway. I didn't apply for the super tag trifecta and, consequently, certainly didn't win. LOL

My brother and I were talking about it and he agrees with you. He said the winner should look at it like a mixed bag hunt. Prioritize the critters and see how far down the list you can get before you run out of time and money.

I had 3 "super" tag hunts this year but I surrendered a LE premium deer tag and should be able to get it next year. 2 sheep hunts is about all I can swing in one year (my bighorn and my son's desert). My brother and I did the same thing in 2000 with a desert and a Cali bighorn. Lots and lots of time and effort!

Maybe that's why I can't imagine having a trifecta!

Good luck to the guy from Cheyenne. He's in for a wild ride!

Zeke

PS: I like your "free money" concept.

Good luck in the draws can have mixed results. It can definately get expensive, and take a lot of vacation time. A few years back I drew an Idaho sheep tag and 4 deer tags! While I did fill every one of them, it was a scramble and I probably should have passed on a couple.

My neighbor is the guy who drew the Trifecta tag. I think he was a little in shock to say the least. But reality hits pretty quick when he had to start figuring out the details of how to get this done.

>My neighbor is the guy who
>drew the Trifecta tag. I
>think he was a little
>in shock to say the
>least. But reality hits pretty
>quick when he had to
>start figuring out the details
>of how to get this
>done.

We would love to hear details of his hunt (like what he chooses to hunt and his successes).

We would also love to hear about the planning, hunt timing, areas hunted, struggles, successes and all the highs and lows of his journey through his trifecta season.

Please, brow, keep us posted.

Zeke

I agree with mulecreek, my Wyoming draw moose tag gave me night mares dealing with all the blizzards, but I treated my Utah expo tag as a bonus gift and just had fun!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom