Suppressor wait times

As a suppressor dealer that has witnessed the roller coaster effect of wait times it been frustrating. When Efile rolled out with a 90 day approval forecast, I was probably one of the biggest neigh sayers, but the ATF proved me wrong. I had close to 300 approvals for customers under 90 days. Most approvals had been around 70 days, and had a few lucky shooters that had been under 20 days.
Then the efile system kinda fell on its face. 9 months and even 13 month approvals seemed to be the trend. I will say lately I'm seeing 5 month approvals.
Frustrating that they did show us they could have the approvals done under 90 days, so why dont they go back to fulfilling their own forecasted timeline.
In Utah anyway, the ATF background check is the same background check thats completed for purchasing any standard firearm. They should just sell dealers tax stamps the same way they sell duck stamps. Feds get their money, and same background check is completed. It would be more money for the feds in tax stamps, and a win for shooters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom