Swaroski SLC Repair Q??????

manny53

Long Time Member
got a pair of older Swaroski SLC 10x42 the lense coating is coming off and they just aren't bright any more, would they be able to recoat them or am i gonna have to replace the lenses, if anybody knows or has the repair email addresss let me know thanx Manny......

I called and sent my old 8X30s in and they completely rebuilt them, and I mean completely, (upgraded everything) for free. And told me everyone should send their optics in every 3 to 5 years to be upgraded and cleaned. I now have what is basically a new pair of Swarovski's.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-11 AT 07:18PM (MST)[p]No more than 2 weeks. They called in two or three days after I sent it, saying they had received it and it was being worked on. They also let me know when it was going to be shipped back and the day it would be arriving. Absolutely fantastic service. You do need to call them and get a work order number to send it in.

+1 for factory tuneup. Give them a call and find out options. The previous contact I used.

Del Lavature, Customer Service
Swarovski Optik North America Limited
2 Slater Road
Cranston, Road Island 02920
Tel. 800-426-3089, ext. 2940
FAX. 877-287-8517

I'd call Swarovski and ask what their turnaround time is. I've dealt with them more than a few times and have never had anything back in anything close to two weeks. Heck, UPS shipping generally takes a week one way.

Great service, but I'll bet you'll be looking at 4 to 6 weeks minimum, a lot depending on the time of year. I've also never had them replace lenses for free. Last time I checked the going rate was $50.00 per lens for 30 and 42mm, and $75.00 per for 50 and 56mm.

Manny,
I had the exact same great experience as bucklover did with Swarovski on a pair of SLC's I sent in just last year. I think the turn around was about a month if I remember correctly. Superb customer service and my binos are like new again.

I sent my 10x42's in a couple of years ago and it was $25.00 per lens, free cleaning and refurb. It took about 4-6 weeks. I also sent them in when I dropped them and knocked them out of focus. I told them I was leaving the following week for a hunt, I had them back the end of that week. I just had to pay for shipping. Great customer service.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom