Swarovski 2x booster question?

Craig

Very Active Member
I was wondering if anyone has used the booster and if so does it work ok. I just bought the 10X42 ELs and was thinking about getting the booster. Does it come with one or two eye pieces and if it comes with only one eye piece is it hard to look through and do they go on and off easy and fast. Im looking for the added power without spending a lot of money for now. With the booster iwould probably need to use it of a tripod right.

I have the same outfit that you have mentioned. The 2x is great to use and a tripod will definately help you hold on to them. I never thought about putting two on! I only have one and if your looking at close ranges where 20x is great at then you'll love them. Allot of people just use the 2x and no spotting scope. I use both and when the spotting scope gets to heavy to lug around then the 2x is outstanding. Mickeyelk

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-04 AT 06:25PM (MST)[p]SAVE YOUR $200. Towards a good spotting scope!
Mine just never felt right! had used it and tried to get use to it(yes even with a tripod),was a pain to use,install,remove,fits in a pocket well! focusing is my biggest nag , never got a clear
view and forget the light gathering no low light help at all! had it in storage for two years! You also have to buy tripod adapter! I may put it in the classifed!
Just my 2 cents! Rackmaster

For your info, I've been told that you can NOT use two doublers on the binos. I've talked to several hunters who have said the same thing as RACKMASTER. In fact, I bet you could pick one up real cheap if you put an ad in here on MM land. Good luck.

I agree with Rackmaster, save your money. I too have the doubler and I hardly ever use it. Those few times that I've used it, it seems that it doesn't help in either increasing resolution or magnification. I thought it was just me, so I let my hunting partner use my binos with and without the booster and he came to the same conclusion. The binos are great but the booster sucks.

Swarovski only allows one 2x on their bino's. I would save the money as well and get a good spotting scope.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom