swarovski doubler

Muleymemories

Has anyone tried the doubler for a 10x42 swaro's? Are they worth the $400.00 or should a guy pic up a pair of the 15x56? just curious.

I have not owned one myself but the reviews from those who have are 80-90% negative on this and another site I visit...

I worked with a guy that had one. It's worthless. Very dark. Get a $400 spotting scope to lug around instead or just go without.

There is no advantage of the doubler/10x42 combo over the 15x56's.

I have one for my 10x42 el's. I think it does okay. I use it and its not as good as a spotting scope but it really isn't supposed to be.

It does not take the place of a spotting scope but it is a nice alternative that gives you a little better look without having to lug around a full on spotting scope. And that matters if you hunt wilderness areas and are doing a lot of hiking.

At this point in my western hunting career I have not taken enough game to be too selective. If I can see a decent size bull with my doubler I'm on may way to a stalk. I don't need to count inches and add up score to decide if it is a shooter for me, maybe someday but I'm not there yet.

A "doubler" of any type on a binocular or camera greately reduces the image quality and brightness. I had a doubler for a 15x binocular and it was worthless.... NJS

I have one I use on my 10x42 el's it works good for extending your range of sight. It will not show definition as well at long distance but to antlers or no antlers it works for me. It is light weight so that is a big advantage to me. I hate to have to pack around a spotting scope just too much weight. The only complaint I have is the crappy tripod adapter for the el binos, first time I used it the little arms that lock down fell off somewhere in the woods. So $150 attachment sits at home.

I owned the doubler and took it back. I also own the 10x42's and the 15X56 Swaro's.

I found a route I like better. It is still not as good as a spotter (I prefer the Nikon 50 MM ED if you are backpacking).

However, if you want to lose and extra 8-12 oz. try one of these:

http://coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/tripods_adaptor.htm

The eye relief is not as good as the Swarovski doubler, however, there is a wider field of view on the Jim White binocular magnifier.

If you are not satisfied with it, Jim will refund your cash. It is $299 and I feel it is a better product. It slips on rather than you have to unscrew everthing with the Swarovski doubler.

I think it actually works better on the 10x42 than the 15x56 (Due to larger FOV)
It works reasonable well if you are backpacking and don't want the extra weight. Not great for serious trophy evaluation, but for good detail with 1-2 miles. Obviously, use with a tripod. I take it with me in the field with my 10x42's and leave the heave 15x56 with in the truck or in a locked quad box.

Just for kicks, I slipped it on over my 50 mm ED Nikon spotter and was shocked that it did as well as it did. I have the 40x zoom and it turned it into a 80x+. Granted low light was not real good, but the magnification and clarity were much better than i thought they would be. With this compo I can definitely evaluate a trophy out 3-5 miles just fine (except real low light).

What is great, with this combo, I have great clarity with the 50 mm ED at 40x. If i slip on the 2.5 magnifier, it goes way out there! All this in just 27-28 oz. Tell me where can you find an 80x zoom with that kind of weight?

News to me that the doubler will work on the El's. I know it will work on the SLC.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom