Swavorski Help

Pucci

Finally going to buy my first pair and need some help. Just went down to the local sporting goods and looked thru some 8X32 and 10X42. It seems I liked the 8x better but not saying much looking out of a store window. I hunt alot of high desert when I pull a tag for Wyoming or Nevada.Sure would like some insight from you guys who have them and hunt with them. I dont do any back pack trips but will do my share of walking on day hunts. Heading for Nevada in 3 weeks for lopes and sure would like a set in my hand before I go. Thanks Don

8x or 8.5x in 42mm or 10x in 50mm is my recommendation.

8x32 are best saved for tighter country, I say this having used 8x32 slc's for carry bino's for the last 6 years. Just got 8.5x42's and they find game much better between .75 and 2 miles.

I found an article online from an optometrist. He said The pupil dilates in low light conditions around 4-4.5mm. He said divide magnification by objective and find a set in that range...10/42 is 4.2....I may have butchered it, but google it and you should find the info.... I use 10x42 el's

Troutcrk
"Livin the Dream"

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-12 AT 00:07AM (MST)[p]

Stay away from 32 mm, just give up too much brightness compared to the 42mm. Weight is no longer an issue in 42mm glass.

If the bino is going to be the only optic you carry with you while hunting the 10x would make the most sense. Possibly.

If you carry/use a spotting scope in conjunction with the bino my pick would be the 8x glass for its advantages (brighter,wider FOV, easier to hold steady).

In my case the 10x has no advantage at all as I can't hand hold them steady enough.

Must say there are some really good deals on SLC NEU models, new in box for $1100 or less. Save $1000-1200 on the newest SLC HD or Swarovision EL's, then combine that with a good used spotter or set of 15's used, and you have an ultimate set-up for ~$2400 bucks.

I have the 10's and they work well for the more open type county I hunt. The only reason I would go with the 8's is if a larger field of view was of concern.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom