t/c breech plug

E

elknut209

after each time i shoot my pro hunter i have trouble removing the breech plug. Is there a beter tool then the one that is provided. I can get it to turn easy but coming out is real hard and every time it is out I lube it. I am shooting bh209 so it is not real dirty.

I shoot a T/C Encore, not the Prohunter, but I only have trouble with breech plug sticking when I don't take the time to clean the plug and the threads well, and/or don't use lots of the T/C lube on the plug threads. Especially using the BH209 it should not be overly cruddy. I scrub my threads of the barrel and the plug with a brush and apply the lube very liberally. Good luck.

I shoot the same gun as you do and the same BH209 powder and I never have an issue with getting the breech plug out. I don't know what kind of lube you are using but I use Never Seize Silver and I also use a 1/4" drive deepwell socket and breaker bar handle. I hope this helps.
OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potato's and gravy.

Breaker bar handle?

I've only used the little T-handle tool that came with mine, it only needs to turn a 1/4 turn.

I use the T/C anti-seize on mine.

Try turning the plug 1/4 turn then wiggling the plug back and forth as you pull back on it and it should come right out. After I'm done shooting I throw it in the ultrasonic cleaner with a good degreaser for about 5 minutes. It looks like new afterward.

I always loosen mine as soon as I am finished shooting while it is still warm. That way when I get home it is always easy to take out.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom