tag question

LouieT

If a person draws more that one tag in Nevada can they return one tag and get their points back for that hunt. Just wondering what the rules are in case a person can't go on two hunts in the same year. Thanks

If I remember correctly u can turn in a tag up until the day before opening day of the hunt the tag is good for and retain your points but you still have to pay the price of the tag no refund

i actually thought i saw somewhere that a refund was pro-rated, depending on how close to the opening of the hunt date. the sooner you turned it in the more you got back, the closer to the hunt the less you got back.

I sure could be wrong tho.

Yeah, if I drew a archery deer, archery antelope and archery elk in one year which isn't that likely, I could turn in 1, 2 or all 3 if I wanted which the only one I would turn in is the deer.

My girl friend turned her muzzy deer tag in last year 3 weeks before the season started,you get no refund.Also you have to mail them back your tag before the season starts,or hand deliver it to them,so I wouldnt wait till the last minuet.
They will not give you your points back if they dont have it before the seasaon starts.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NAC/NAC-502.html#NAC502Sec422

NAC 502.422 Cancellation of tag issued in error; return of tag; provision of refund. (NRS 501.105, 501.181, 502.160, 502.250)

1. The Department may cancel a tag and provide a refund if the Department issues the tag in error.

2. The Department shall provide a refund if the holder of a tag:

(a) Or a person to whom the holder is related within the third degree of consanguinity or affinity dies, as verified by a certificate of death;

(b) Or a person to whom the holder is related within the third degree of consanguinity or affinity incurs a disability, as verified in writing by a physician, which prevents him or her from hunting during the season for which the tag was issued; or

(c) Is serving in the Armed Forces of the United States and is transferred, as verified by a copy of his or her orders or other proof satisfactory to the Department, to a location which makes it impracticable for the holder to hunt in the area for which the tag was issued,

? and, except as otherwise provided in NAC 502.336, his or her tag is returned to the Department before the opening day of the season for which the tag was issued. If the holder obtained his or her hunting license with his or her tag, the hunting license may be returned with the tag.

3. If a refund is provided pursuant to subsection 1 or 2, the Department shall:

(a) Return all the fees submitted with the application for the tag except the fees required pursuant to NRS 502.253 and NAC 502.331; and

(b) Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2 of NAC 502.4225, treat the recipient of the refund, with respect to his or her eligibility to obtain a tag and to be awarded a bonus point, as if the tag had not been issued and the applicant was unsuccessful.

4. If a tag for any subspecies of bighorn sheep or mountain goat is returned for a reason other than the reasons set forth in subsection 1 or 2, the Department shall:

(a) If the tag is received not later than July 15, return all the fees submitted with the application for the tag except the fees required pursuant to NRS 502.253 and NAC 502.331; and

(b) Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2 of NAC 502.4225, treat the recipient of the refund, with respect to his or her eligibility to obtain a tag and to be awarded a bonus point, as if the tag had not been issued and the applicant was unsuccessful.

5. If a tag for antelope, deer or elk is returned for a reason other than the reasons set forth in subsection 1 or 2, and if the tag is received at least 1 day before the opening day of the season for which the tag was issued, the Department:

(a) Shall, except as otherwise provided in subsection 2 of NAC 502.4225, treat the applicant, with respect to his or her eligibility to obtain a tag and to be awarded a bonus point, as if the tag had not been issued and the applicant was unsuccessful; and

(b) Shall not:

(1) Return any fee paid for the tag; or

(2) Reissue the tag to a person who is selected for an alternate list pursuant to NAC 502.421.

6. Except as otherwise provided in NAC 502.421, the Department is not required to refill a quota for the issuance of tags if the application of this section reduces the number of tags issued to less than a quota.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom