Tag refunds?

osu92

I've read through the regs and I think i know the answer but looking for confirmation here until I can call WFG tomorrow. Reason for asking is that I believe my brother, buddy, and I should draw antelope tags, burning a 5 point average on what should be a great hunt in my opinion. However, we just got great news that my buddy drew an Oregon sheep tag that starts at the end of October. So we'd like to concentrate on that once in a lifetime hunt and not have to squeeze in a trip to Wyoming. But we'll do what we have to I guess.

If your thinking if ya draw your antelope tags and want to turn them back I would be planning on when ya can fit the antelope hunt in. Wouldn't want to waste 5 points average. Antelope season is pretty long sept 20-oct 31 in a lot of areas. Not sure how far away from Wyoming or area but I would def try to make the best of both hunts as Wyoming only let us turn tags back in very limited reasoning mostly some sort of real tradegy. But if it comes down to it I would def go on sheep hunt probably once in a lifetime for your friend and you could always go to some antelope area every year. Good luck and hope you can make both hunts work!!

Thanks guys. Figured we were pretty well stuck. Not that it's a huge problem! It is a 15+ hour drive but we'll make it as quick as a trip as possible. Holding out for that monster antelope won't likely happen though now. Oh, well. Could have worse problems.

Great problem to have!
Of course sheep hunts take priority (according to me) but like the others have said, plenty of time to do both and still have excellent hunts!
Have an awesome Fall!!!
Zeke

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom