Tag Transfer?

vmcfadden

Can a resident who draws a tag transfer a tag to anyone they want? I have a friend that says a guy in NM drew a tag for 16A and is going to transfer it to him. He is a PA resident with no relation to the tag holder. They are not outfitters neither. They are friends of his that have their wives apply and transfer them to who they want. I didn't think this was legal in NM.

From the proclamation

I transferred an Elk tag in 2007 when I was deployed

License Refunds and Transfers The Director of the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish may grant the refund or transfer of a hunting license or permit if: the licensee has died, sustained a severe injury or suffered a life threatening illness,preventing participation;the licensee has been deployed by the UnitedStates military prior to the start of the hunt,prohibiting participation;or a natural disaster has occurred, preventing the hunt. The director may grant the transfer of a license or permit to a person who has been qualified through a nonprofit wish-granting organization.For more information,telephone the NMDGF Information Center toll-free:1-888-248-6866. License Information Is Public Record

You could tranfer a LO authorazation,or give it away. But not draw tags,unless under extreme circumstances as stated. Each on its own merit.
But I don't doubt there are those who would use anytag anyway,it's called poaching in my book.

LAST EDITED ON May-13-13 AT 07:11PM (MST)[p]Smells fishy. Considering the difficulty in drawing a tag it seems more likely a lo voucher.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom