Tagged out in Wyoming

Buckfever34

After all I had heard and read about Wyoming’s winter, I was anxious about how this hunt would go. Thankfully, was able to see many bucks and several does. Deer numbers seemed to be fine and there was feed everywhere. Everything looked healthy, but it did appear that the fawn population was low so maybe it hit them harder than the mature deer. May be a delayed impact for bucks down road in a few years. Was up near Sheridan area.

Gunwerks 7mmSAUM. About 355 yards. Figured I’d share a couple pics. Good luck to everyone that is still looking to punch tags.

F5006E40-599A-461E-8D04-C5DC721A4537.jpeg

08DB5482-BCBB-4A8D-92C3-612BB2A39A2D.jpeg

After all I had heard and read about Wyoming’s winter, I was anxious about how this hunt would go. Thankfully, was able to see many bucks and several does. Deer numbers seemed to be fine and there was feed everywhere. Everything looked healthy, but it did appear that the fawn population was low so maybe it hit them harder than the mature deer. May be a delayed impact for bucks down road in a few years. Was up near Sheridan area.

Gunwerks 7mmSAUM. About 355 yards. Figured I’d share a couple pics. Good luck to everyone that is still looking to punch tags.
Great buck! Congratulations

Congrats on a nice one!

I'm headed to WY next week. If I I see one like that, he's gonna get a hole thru both lungs!

Congrats again!

It's good that you saw a fair number of Deer. I think that is area specific though. The numbers in some areas reported to have 60% or much higher mortality. The one thing that some areas have is so much water that the animals are spread out. That means it is harder to find many in one area. I think Region G is going to be tough.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom