tags online only?

brubo

Are the big game tags going to be available
on line only? DFG website has no info I could
find. Last year booklet didnt come until mid may.
What have you cali. hunters heard. Thanks Brubo

I think it will be online or post office. We'll have to wait and see. Bruce, you related to the Clevengers in Porterville? pc

Reason why Iam curious about the tags is My daughter wont be able to get her hunt safety done until close to the draw
deadline. work & school has her on a very limited free time.
No relatives in porterville or the west coast area that I know of. I get asked that from time to time. Thanks PC
I saw you & some of your family & friends had a good time in
G3 this past season. I drew in 04 got a 5x4. in the oak creek area. Thanks PC

You should be able to apply online this year and at the usual outlets that will have the new ALDS system. It will all be electronic (that is the plan anyway). Should be up shortly.

Good luck

Joe

As of now fishing only.....next is duck refuge resi apps...
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Look at #14....
Open zone fund raising tag he says..... with more
Later....so don't plan on it.....!!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

To come later........
rackmaster

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-11 AT 11:40AM (MST)[p]Thats great news. Finally CA!

Tule- Not to highjack this thread but how did the FHL muzzy hunt go this year? Success %?

hope your right....I just don't see all deer and elk tags on line for the draw ...bear yes and even issued at request deer but not all deer and elk..the open tag was to test only!
I look forward to eatting my words! I know a guy and hes unavilable so for the last few days who is 2nd behind that lady who head honcho..so maybe a sign!!
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

They will be online (that is the plan) and barring some type of computer programming failure it will happen. Not printing the paper applications to mail in. I suspect there may be a hiccup or two but the Department is moving forward with it and not the old way. Looks like the big game booklet will be delayed this year as well. A combination of contract printing and the new changes. Not very happy about that but it is out of my hands. Will check on the success for FHL Muzzleloader, I can not remember off the top of my head. Heck, I barely remember where I live.

Joe

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-11 AT 10:23PM (MST)[p]Joe,
Do you work for the CA F&G Dept.? Unless I am reading the following pages from the CA site WRONG, we will not be able to do online AT HOME LIKE MOST OF US DO. It states it so many times that transactions with NO PAPERWORK will be done at Licensed Agents that are authorized within CA.

I just can not imagine a "counter person at WalMart" to be able to do this when they can not even figure out how to do the paper type in the past.

Why is it that CA can't just let someone who has been doing this for so long like the ones that do HUNT NEVADA they have no problem at all and everyone does their apps AT HOME.

Read these 10 pages.
http://www.fgc.ca.gov/regulations/new/2011/708isor.pdf
P.S. I hope that I am wrong and we CAN DO OUR APPS AT HOME AND NOT BE DISTRACTED BY SOMEONE STANDING WAITING THEIR TURNS.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Yes, I work for the Department in the elk program. If I am the only one in the program does that make me the elk program? anyway, It is my understanding after reviewing the how to apply for the draw sections that you can apply online for these hunts.
Here is an excerpt from the booklet

"Q. where can i apply for the Big game Drawing?
a. You can apply for the big game drawing at a DFg license
agent or a DFg license sales office. You can also apply
online at http://www.dfg.ca.gov..." Still finalyzing the web address.

I am not in charge of the drawing or licenses but it is my understanding you will be able to apply online. The booklet is finishing up its last edits and then apparently it needs to be reviewed for ADA compliance. There is just a ton of stuff like that the Department has to do to comply with state laws. It is never as simple as it should be. It will be online before it is mailed out. That is what I know to date.

The FHL muzzleloader hunt was 100% success. I will try to get the tag numbers up on the web site, but they are pretty much the same as last year with a few minor tweaks here and there. Antelope is almost the same except Lassen is proposed to be about 5 tags per period more than last year. Good luck to everyone in the draw.

Joe

Thanks Joe for the explaination and hope that is correct about the Online transactions.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

You can do it online at home "IF" your hunter education has been updated and is shown on the DFG web site. If it is not you will have to go to a license seller like walmart where they did not know what was the matter with mine and did not manually update my hunter safety or previous license info. The screen was greyed out and they could not choose my license or tags until they updated my info. Today after talking to a couple buddies and going back when a walmart employee who knew what they were doing updated my hunting info for me and everything was good to go including 2011-2012 license 1st & 2nd deer tags, upland game and HIP validation stamp. My second tag was not a draw tag and printed out to me. My first deer tag was draw and
should come in the mail after the draw is complete. I think a lot of people will not have previous info inputted by DFG. You can not manually update the info @ home, it must be verified by seller or DFG. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom