Tailgate Pics

IMG_1610.jpeg

Nothing better than killing them bastages. Come up to my place and I’ll pay you 75 bucks for everyone you get. I suck at calling them in.
Pssh...how many do you have. Me and my kid love hunting them buggers. But our public land spots are slow. Always wanted to hunting some of the places that are loaded with them.

To get payed too?? Don't threaten me with good time. Haha

Lots ov very cool pics in here. Some of you are downright killers! Congrats on some awesome animals.

I looked back at all my deer, elk and antelope and moose and now realize I don't have any tail gate pics. So a new years resolution for me is that, for my big game. Most of mine, if not all, are skinned and deboned in the field.

But my waterfowl hunts, I do have a few pics.

20221119_110505.jpg

20221001_113104.jpg

20221001_112809.jpg

Nice tailgate picture, Elk. Not much size to the racks but man, look at the capes on those two trophies!

Very nice! Did your dad get the jewelry?
We were both shooting at the same bird. I said "shoot the greenhead on the right", he didn't see the other one. I wouldn't rather split it with anyone than him.

He took the band. Only one he's ever been in on and he's killed thousand of ducks. We don't get many here. I killed another in November. Before that the last was about 10 years and a lot of ducks ago. Before that it was late 80s or early 90s I killed 5 or 6 of them.

I wish I wouldn't have shot.

I have posted this picture before, but it fits for the tailgate picture thread.
This buck was shot in SE MT in the late fifty's by Avon Fjell. Avon took the buck to a local big buck contest, won the contest and sold the head to an out of state hunter for 75$. I would love to know what has happened to this buck.
avon deer (2).jpg

I have posted this picture before, but it fits for the tailgate picture thread.
This buck was shot in SE MT in the late fifty's by Avon Fjell. Avon took the buck to a local big buck contest, won the contest and sold the head to an out of state hunter for 75$. I would love to know what has happened to this buck.View attachment 134307
Buck is very similar to a buck I shot this year. Tips of beams are just a little different.

Some cool old photos in this thread. Here’s my last three years all IL public land archery deer. Had some bad luck with busted up racks lately. 🙁 I got some better old photos from 80’s & 90’s if I can find them. One with two drunk Halloween girls posing with my big NH moose.

Was probably not a good idea to tote that last nontypical on the beat up aluminum rack. Had been hit a couple times and that busted up too! Has since been replaced with a steel one 😂.

IMG_6232.jpeg

IMG_0030.jpeg

IMG_7557.jpeg

Last edited:
No tailgate in this picture, but the truck did have a tailgate! This is from a spike that was illegally harvested by someone I do not know. The wildlife agent told us the hunters that shot this spike had mobbed their jeep cherokee into a non motorized area and had been reported by other hunters. This was during the archery hunt and I am almost certain I heard pistol shots and shouting as well around the same time and from the same area this elk was shot. I also am almost certain I had messed up a poaching opportunity of these same hunters earlier that morning. I was driving into an area to park my truck and it was still very dark. I thought I had seen lights in the trees as I was nearing a turn. When I came around the turn I saw the jeep shining head lights into the trees and a man with a bow running back to the jeep. He jumped in and they turned and flew past me back down the trail.
Confiscated.jpg

The second picture is my tailgate picture of a cow I shot during the same hunt the spike was confiscated. That was my first kill with a bow and it was such a fun hunt.
Cow Elk.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom