Take a min to watch this "Utah"

Thanks for the post, Ive heard people talk about how bad the wolves have been getting! but i had no idea how much damage a wolf can do in one year. When did they introduce wolfs to the west? Have they opened any hunting seasons yet?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-11 AT 10:56AM (MST)[p]Wolves are awesome animals, and I wish the lower 48 had the wilderness habitat to support them, but there isn't, and they are mostly a pain. I live in Wyoming and see carnage every single day while driving to work, only it comes from humans, moose, elk, antelope, and lots of deer are smashed on the roads, The meat goes to birds mostly, and its usually because humans are so nervous and have to drive fast. I could make a heck of a depressing video. I don't forsee Utah ever having much of a problem with wolves though.

"I don't forsee Utah ever having much of a problem with wolves though."

hhmmm...yeah, kinda like i don't foresee that inane comment ever coming back to bite ya in the pants...

nah, no problem indeed...no worries eh?

I Intended to let u guys from Utah to see this mess we have first hand. And what u will have to look forward to if u just sit back and watch.. "piper honestly that is the stupidest comment i have ever read good 4 u"

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-11 AT 01:08PM (MST)[p]Utah has only small pockets of wild country outside of the Uintas, as far as country with wolf habitat anyway, The books could be a worry but the Utes should have some influence on that, The rest of the state has only small islands of wildlife habitat, I don't see unchecked packs of wolves gorging on Utahs elk in the future, guess I could be wrong, but I don't see it. I am serious about the carnage all over the roads, its quite amazing. I live a heck of of lot closer to wolf country than Utah, and they haven't moved down here much, when they have they usually get in trouble, and the helicopter moves in or whatever else happens. It would be no different in Utah.

That's some good stuff there. Our governor (MT) finally stood up and made a good decision last week, but we'll see if it gets followed through with or not...

Piper,

Not for nothin, I have a buddy that saw a wolf standing on the side of the four lane divided highway just south of the town I live in. They don't seem to be too afraid of people and have made a run in all kinds of populated areas here in MT and ID. They don't need a whole lot of wilderness if they have sheep and cattle around...

That just disgusted me. Our herds are disappearing before our eyes. No they will probably never eliminate them, but really, how close do we want to come to that happening? Great video. It stirs the emotions and makes you want to be part of the solution....what ever that may be. Idaho has been completely hosed, lied and cheated in this reintroduction. The huggers and antis have hijacked the ESA and have used it against us. Wake up people, especially our politicians and those who vote and make immediate differences. We don't want this garbage anymore. Congrats to Montana's Gov for standing up and being heard. Otter better take note and join the cause...and Wyoming, pull it out! It sure would be nice to have you on board?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-11 AT 09:42PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-11 AT 09:42?PM (MST)

In some respects I hesitate to post this gps track of a wolf since it did not come from a verified or known source off the internet but hopefully someone can verify it. If it is true it came with a message that this is the track of a single wolf for a 7 month period that traveled over 3000 miles. Perhaps others can verify if it is true. I don't know why a wolf would travel so much but it explains a lot about possible sightings if they travel like this.

8245wolf_track2.jpg

>LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-11
>AT 10:56?AM (MST)

>
>Wolves are awesome animals, and I
>wish the lower 48 had
>the wilderness habitat to support
>them, but there isn't, and
>they are mostly a pain.
> I live in Wyoming
>and see carnage every single
>day while driving to work,
>only it comes from humans,
>moose, elk, antelope, and lots
>of deer are smashed on
>the roads, The meat
>goes to birds mostly, and
>its usually because humans are
>so nervous and have to
>drive fast. I could
>make a heck of a
>depressing video. I don't
>forsee Utah ever having much
>of a problem with wolves
>though.

humans are nervous and drive fast

i sure hope utah dosen't have a problem because from what i've seen everywhere else with wolves sure does . smoke a pack a day

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom