Talk about lazy hunters

H

horst

This was on Realtree and I thought you guys would probably have an opinion on it.Theres a lotta talk about lazy hunters in here andIve been reading parts of the post on declining mule deer numbers and couldnt help but notice some of you think technologies getting outta hand in this sport.Heres the best of both worlds.

http://www.live-shot.com/index.html

For a couple thousand dollars you can hunt exotics and other species in Texas without leaving the chair your in right now.As far as I can tell your actually shooting a real gun at live game using a computer generated program that runs the gun from a shooting house.Theres a guy in the house but hes only there to manualy override the system if something goes wrong.Looking at the fees it costs you 1000$ to pull the trigger, errr, click the mouse, or whatever.Hit or miss its 1000$ and after that you charged trophy fees, processing, shipping, taxidermy, membership fees, license fees even though you arent even really in Texas.Its almost to bizzare to try to describe so youll have to check the sight out, its no video game, your actually shooting live animals from your living room.So, whatta you all think, is this taking technology to far yet?I personally cant even believe its legal but thats just my opinion.

I saw something on that the other day. Think it was on the Bubba Channel network!;) I can't believe people would even want to do it. Then again. There's people out there that'll just about do anything.

Thats ridiculous. IMO

Osok, thought you might be interested to know they changed their policies after being emailed by a bunch of pissed off hunters.Now the computer hunts are only being offered to disabled people and i think they bring em right out to the ranch for the hunt.But for a couple hundred bucks a session you can still shoot a 22 at a target from your house.They went through and changed thier whole websight right after I posted this.

This picture shows how we do it out here without a Tree Stand and a lot more comfortable too.
1674utahunter.jpg

Now thats what I call a "tree lounge" (without the tree)You need a few more beer cans lying around! :D There is a local guy who has a tree fort overlooking a 100 acre food plot. I got to take a look at this thing. It had recliners, a propane heater, radio,tv and all kinds of other cushy stuff. He and his buddies sit in it and wait for elk to graze their way into rifle range and then blap, blap, get the truck! They have a flat bed with a cherry picker on it. Kinda like a slaughter truck. Drive out into the field, winch it up, roll the guts out and it is off to his walk-in cooler only 1/2 mile away. Now thats huntin!
I guess when you own half of the county you can afford to have your own game preserve.
Eric
075313.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom