talley lightweght mounts

danshae

does anyone have any input about these mounts,they look like they would be a good strong mount to put on a mountain gun.

danshae;

I have not used them, but all the reports I have heard from users are very positive about them being rugged and dependable.

RELH

They're excellent, the only draw back is if your action has been trimmed down like some of the custom guns the base on them is pretty wide and won't sit solid . as long as your gun is unaltered I they're nice.

The dual dovetail mounts are steel where the Talley's are an aluminum one piece. the dual dovetail weigh a little more but look a little nicer in my opinion. they're both top quality mounts when I care about weight I use Tally's and when I don't I use dual dovetail.

Great input... I've been considering the aluminum Talleys as well.
Looked hard at 'em the last time around, ended up with Warne weaver style.
I think I'll give Talley a whirl.
(Breaking away from the leupold grip...)

I have a set of the one piece Talley rings - they are nice but the only thing I didn't like about them is they are higher than say a Leupold low or the Warne low rings. I like my scopes mounted as low as possible, and the low Leupold is much lower than the low Talley?? The low Talley seems about the same height as a medium Leupold. I guess I just figured that there would be sort of a standard for all that low is low regardless of brand. Anyway else notice this?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom