Target shooting

R

Razaboo

This Saturday I took some of my kids out shooting at the local gun range. My thirteen year old received a marlin semi-auto 22 for christmas and we finally had time to go shoot the darn thing. While we are shooting a very large tom turkey wanders into the area next to the range, so we all stop shooting. My thirteen year old decides that while we are waiting for the bird to make up its mind which direction to go he would check on his targets. He walks out to the 50yd target and the bird starts to move towards him. He decides to stand still and see how close the bird gets to him before taking off. The bird gets right next to him and starts to strut. then the bird starts to chase my son. Neither my son nor I have a turkey tag nor are we sure the season is open, so he move away form the bird. Next thing you know he is being chased all the way back to the truck. I was wishing I had a video camera. That turkey sat outside the truck and every time my son got out would head straight ot him. We finally chased him off with rocks.

Stan

That's perty funny!
Yer poor kid will carry the image of that 'ole Tom fer a while!

you should have pulled a Southpark and just yelled, "The turkeys coming right at us"...... can't blame a man for shooting in self defense!!!

A really good turkey call would have sent that tom running for his life. Believe me, it works every time. In turkey country, you might consider carrying one for self protection.

>you should have pulled a Southpark
>and just yelled, "The turkeys
>coming right at us"...... can't
>blame a man for shooting
>in self defense!!!

RFLMAO!! "Their coming right at us." BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM!!

>A really good turkey call would
>have sent that tom running
>for his life. Believe
>me, it works every time.
> In turkey country, you
>might consider carrying one for
>self protection.

Guns seem to work pretty good for me :)

horsepoop.gif

You can't accidently shoot yourself in the foot with a call, and you can carry them concealed without getting in trouble.

I was thinking of designing a combination muzzlebreak/ turkey call. You wouldn't have to carry anything extra, just blow on the end of the barrel. What do you think ??

JB

Well, you made me laugh.........

but I would still have to say that is a very bad idea. Keep trying, you'll come up with something sooner or later.

....I was also considering porting them differently for guys like huntindude so they could suck.

JB

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-07 AT 05:22PM (MST)[p]Might want to start renting that boy out to turkey hunters....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom