Target

B

Bigbuckbowhunter

I am looking to buy a target. I have looked at the Block and Black Hole. I have heard the Block is good but haven't heard as much about the Black Hole. What do you think about them and is it worth paying the extra money for the block?

Thanks, Bigbuckbowhunter

Hey Big Buck, Take a look at the Rhino block from Rinehart targets, Super tough and long lasting target, You wont shoot thru these like the block after just a few shots. Arrows penetrate 4-8" and pull out fairly easy. 18 different position to aim at. Cost is about 100.00 These are a great brodhead target. Goto www.rinehart3-d.com They also sell these at Gander mountain stores.

I have the block and love it for field points but in my opinion they suck for broadheads. Broadheads will chew through it fairly fast. If you are just using field points it is one of the best out there.

Saskman

LAST EDITED ON Jan-02-05 AT 07:05PM (MST)[p]Just wait till the middle of january before you decide. The fellow from Rhinehart has issued a $100,000 challenge to the maker of the block which they accepted I think. First target to allow a passthrough coughs up 100 large!! Should give you a good idea which to buy!! Here's the link!

http://www.rinehart3-d.com/challenge.html

Chris

What ever ya do dont get the hole shot through it 1st shot then 2nd shot had to double it up.

I've had both the Back Hole and The Block. I probably won't buy either one again. I only shoot boadheads and neither target held up worth a crap, pass through after only a couple hundered arrows, and no, I wasn't hitting the same spot EVERY time. If those were the only two on the market, I'd probably get The Block.
Been thinking about the Morrel Yellow Jacket Broadhead target. Interesting deal posted above though.

Lien2

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-05 AT 11:39AM (MST)[p]I shot the black hole it only lasted about 2 months using only field tips. I wouldn't buy it again.

Block for field tips, but for broadheads I've had to shoot it at the front, top and sides to get a lot of use out of it. 85 g. thunderheads were pretty efficient at taking it apart.

slowbow

the block is a great target and i love mine i shoot every day and i have not had a single pass thrue I have had it for about 5 months now and shoot mostly feald points at it.

I don't mean to rain on everyone's The Block parade, but they aren't the best target I found. Especially if you use it to sight in your broadheads.

A simple $30 bag target lasts for about a year and 40,000 shots. At that point you slide it into a new bag for $5 and move the stuffing around a bit and it's good for another year.

All the archery ranges around here are switching over to 8" of layered cardboard with plastic wrapping stuffed behind them. If you go to a home depot or such and ask for their wads of plastic wrap, you can make your own bad target for a few bucks.

The Block's are great targets, but very expensive and very small. They just don't seem to be the best value for your dollar by a long shot, especially if you do any target shooting and try to drill it tens of thousands of times.

Cheers,
Pete

I had the black hole and it lasted 6-8 months and the arrows started passing through. I just bought the block at it seems to be holding up much better. Thicker design is better. Just my 2 cents

Like mentioned a few times before, the block is awesome for field points but once you toss on those broadheads GAME OVER! In addition, you will be spending more time picking up the pieces that come flying out after removing the arrow than you will actually shooting.

I have torn through 2 blocks in the past two years. and they just don't last in my opinion. I found one called the Rhino Block and was wondering if anyone has heard of or used them. One that we use to use was the expanding foam from a factory. You can pick one up for about $15 at Dels Archery Den in Bend, Oregon and the you can use the expanding foam insulation to fix the holes. Just my info.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom