targets

3-D are the best, it give you a more realistic target and lets you practive perfect arrow placement.
Michael

i shoot at water balloons, only blown up to about the size of a hard ball or smaller,
i cut some sticks about 3 feet long, ones that have a good arch or bow in them, sharpen both ends.
stick on in the ground and the other thru the blowey up part of the balloon.
place the stick so that its leans out a little. this will help you, or keep you from cutting it off.
I have a pond in my back yard that is well manicured around its perimiter,
with steep bank on 3 sides that i can use as a back drop.
I stick my targets out at different ranges around the perimiter
next to the waters edge and shoot 20,30,40, & 60 yards.
these little dots are the ticket.
it make me think & shoot spot, not like its a big object and i just have to hit it.
for instance i can group 2 doz. arrows in to a area the size of a grapfruit at 60 yds consistantly.
not bragging, just fact.
have been told that i should shoot compution,
but that would spoil it for me,
Im not a target shooter.
I shoot for the meat.

I shoot bag targets almost exclusively. They are about $40 and last for a season and a half or about 10 or 20k arrows. At that point they just need a new outter sack put over them.

Cheers,
Pete

This is something like what I have.

mag-regbag.gif

They are not really burlap but a plastic fiber bag. They are filled with plastic bagging, polyester matting like in a sleeping bag, etc..... All these bits and pieces of fiber and plastic absorb the energy of the arrows perfectly.

Cheers,
Pete

I have had a block for years and havn't come close to wearing it out, would definetly recomend it. I have used it quite a bit for broadheads but Im going to buy a target this year for only broadheads. As far as field tips seems like it would last forever.

Well I decided to go ahead and spend the 69.99 and get THE BLOCK target. That price included shipping, a free hat and some kind of video. I hope it lasts as long as I have been hearing. I'll let you know. Thanks for your opinions............

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom