Taulman in Nevada

N

NevadaChukar

Seems the folks in Ely Nevada are not too pleased with Mr. Taulman and his lawsuit against their State and Wildlife Commissioners.

Can he get a flat tire fixed ? Nope.

Can he find himself a waitress to serve him in the town diner? Nope.

Can he find even a skoosh bit of the hospitality that this little
town is known for particularly to hunters and outfitters ? Nada.

"Hef" was lucky enough to draw a non resident elk tag in 111, go figure, but he is not smart enough to stay under that rock he crawled out from.

Hats off to the folks in Ely.

Hoping he was guided by Cass, and had to eat some stale burritos at "R-Place".

Where did the info come from NChukar?

Ed

Heard from a buddy from there this weekend.

Hope he is having as much luck in the field as he did in town.

Sounds good and I hope it is true. I have spent alot of time in Ely and it really isn't that small. I can't believe a few hunters couldn't go unnoticed. Now out in the field might be a different story with all those Indians and all.........unless all outfitters are on the same page.

JB

George drew a 111 Early elk tag which ends this coming Friday Nov. 26th.
Where is "bobcatbessy" and his Chute plane when you need him to run the Elk away from Georgie Boy???

Hats off the the folks there in Ely, hope that they stick it to him and not provide any service to him or at their very leasure. How about a 2 hour wait at any establishment there in town, including the restrooms?

Brian

Big rabbit hunt in Ely 1,000,000 dollar prize tagged bunny!call 1 800 screw up hunt

Congats to the town of Ely for sticking it to that pompus a#@. He'll probablly get his elk cause he got his cronies out flying and scoutin. I hope they brought a lot of extra tires because his outfit is not welcome anywhere in my state!

The mud and snow is so bad hard to get around, not many bulls getting shot anyway, burrito's at R-place? shhh! don't mention our good food here in Ely! I bet he done his home work and is hunting on the Steptoe flat for that 400 inch bull that i'm sure someone told him about...psst hey Hef he's down by the tailings ditch, very elusive just keep looking the rest of the hunt! Maybe Lance at Gale oil and tire can give you some pointers, stop in and say hi to him! LOL but let me know when you stop by so I can watch him tell you where to go! I myself am in 111 up north every day but have failed to see you,I know the country well maybe I could give ya a few pointers with some of that good ol Ely hospitality!...Greg

Give it to him Greg! Send one in from The Chef too! x(

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

Hey Greg,

Get Taulman over to the "Hot Spot" just north of McGill, known as Lyman's. Lot of action on that lower bench road, he-he.

Tell Lance howdy. Saw his new place at the old Valley Motors.

Ed

Just curious, You guys see any low flying aircraft over there during your hunt? If so can you describe them or maybe even a picture?? Just wondering. If you do and it appears they could be scouting take a photo. Thanks

FYI update from Ely, Taulman flew into Ely on his plane two days before the hunt. He met with one of his sub-guides from New Mexico that had showed up one week before the hunt started. His sub-guide had some problems with his truck and tried to get the Department of Transpertation to fix it. NDOT mechanics told him to get lost!!! Old George laid low in Ely and only a handful of people saw him in the field. George flew down to AZ on the 17th. (without a bull)for some other hunt and will not be returning.
Ely residents contributed over 150 signatures in 3 days to send to Harry Reids office suporting his bill (S.2978) against USO. Many of Ely's Guides signed this form and were all looking for a chance to voice their opinions against George in the field.
Sportsworld, located in Ely has been selling "NO USO" and "Pi#$ on USO" window stickers and many of the residents have them in their windows.
Ely residents have clearly sent a message to George "DOWN WITH USO!!!"

sounds like ol' Geo has a yellow streak down his back after all. too bad that no one found him while in the field, it might have been a "lesson learned" for ol' Georgie. I'm sure if anyone would have come across his rig in the hills he would have been trying to fix more then 1 flat tire.
Ely has always been more then friendly to hunters, resident as well as NR. But Ely has been known to get cold this time of year...I bet Taulman felt just how cold it can be.

I hope what you guys are saying is true....THAT is the best medicine he could have recieved.

JB

I was fortunate to take two friends on the early rifle hunt for elk. We had a great hunt, with two six point bulls. I did not have the pleasure of running into "HEF" ,but it was probabably better that I didn't. My hats off to the town of Ely, that's the backbone we need. I wish the best of luck to the rest of the people holding tags, "-1" individual. This is a once in a lifetime oportunity, but we don't need "U S O" to experience a "REAL HUNTING ADVENTURE".

Someone needs to explain to me why I get brought into almost every ely related topic....

-Cass

Cass, maybe you just shot the world record typical elk and don't know it yet. Congratulations son.

Nope. I wasn't lookin for your family in colorado so why would I be in a corral?

-Cass

Because that's where your family hunts chump. Inside the corral, just open the gate to the fenced elk, set the grain bucket out and just wait for those bruiser elk to come a running. Only hard thing about it is taking out the eartags for the photos.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-29-04 AT 11:32PM (MST)[p] "His sub-guide had some problems with his truck and tried to get the Department of Transpertation to fix it. NDOT mechanics told him to get lost!!!"

You cant descriminate against somebody for any reason, thats illegal. The sub-guide should have told the NDOT guys to get up off of their $6 an hour ass and do their job. If I was George I would be filing descrimination lawsuits.

Since when is it DOT's job to fix private vehicles. They are responsible for the roads not the queers on the roads. Georgie will be broke soon enough. The elk-pimp will surely be put out of business one way or the other. He shouldn't have gotten greedy.

As the infamous Harvard Business Professor Said

"PIGGIES GET FAT HOGS GET SLAUGHTERED"

I am a guide myself and i just want a few clients a year here in oregon enjoy my scouting time and doing what i love to do.
Old George forgot the kind of money he was making down there in the Southwest and Got Greedy big time and now he will loose it all. along with a bunch of clients. Oregon will be on the bottom ofthe lawsuit list thank god. But i wrote to both senators here in oregon and recieved a phone call from senator wydens office who is a democrat and he told me he would be supporting the legislation and understands my concerns both as a sportsman and a business man so a couple of more senators who will join up with Mr. Reid Thank god
and I want one of those P*** on the USO shirts.
HDO

HDO-I for one want to thank you for the support of Reid's bill. Hope you can hunt here some day and at a reasonable cost. You will be welcome.

HighDesert, Glad to hear you say that. I am curious though why you think Oregon will be on the bottom of the lawsuit list. Oregon limits nonresidents so I wouldn't bet on being last. I might bet on it being one of the next though.

I see your point however there is no Presence of USO in Oregon that i am aware of. If there is a Sub Guide of Taulmans in Oregon please let me know i will gladly go have a nice talk with him and explain to him the errors in his way. I know that there are a few organiztions here in the state that are not for USO. If there is anything i can help with up here in Oregon a letter or anything let me know please i will gladly do it. I think the best way to get taulman is to cost him his Federal Lands usage. All it takes is one bad incident on Fed lands for him to loose them all after that he can guide no where except private lands. He has stepped on alot of toes maybe going and trying to get his permits revoked would hamper him even more. Then what would he do.
Just give me ideas i can work with here and i will gladly work my ass off to help
Dave
HDO

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom