Taxidermist in Flag

Here is my buddy's Stone:

9552img_0430.jpg

His Goat:

108img_0432resized.jpg

His Desert:

1125img_0433resized.jpg

All done by the same outfit in Flag. He does a great job and is very fast. He already has the capes back on this September's Archery elk hunt! Check him out:

http://www.mountnviewtaxidermy.com/

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-11 AT 11:40AM (MST)[p]I'll second Chris at Mount-N-View.
Great work, nice guy.

I'll second Stave at Signature. He is doing my elk and oryx. But the other work looks very nice too. You're in luck to have a choice of several great taxidermists to choose from.

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

I believe Chris at Mountain View is Steve from Signature's son.

I friend of mine that has used both said they were partners at one point and had a falling out.

From the pics, it doesn't look like you can go wrong with either one.

JB

I have had Tim Rajsich at TR Taxidermy do most of my stuff. 2 elk, 2 Coues, 1 turkey, pair of wood ducks, 3 antelope, 1 mule deer and 1 Sitka.
http://trtaxidermyart.com/

I would go to each studio whose taxidermist you are interested in, and compare work to see what appeals to you, as opposed to dropping stuff off blindly with a taxiderminst you do not know. An elk shoulder mount will be about $1300 so invest wisely.

You are welcome to visit my Photo Gallery here http://dougkoepsel.smugmug.com/
The-Wave-9-15-10edited_210.jpg

I cant say enough about Steve at Signature as well. He mounted my 2 Coues' deer from 08 and 09. The attention to detail was awesome. I included a field photo of both, one was a bulkier salt and pepper caped rim country coues' and the other was a sleek darker, 2 miles north of the mexican border coues' and each one looks exactly like they did while alive. Price was good and turnaround time was good too! Look at his elk before you decide but Signature would be a great choice.

If you don't mind going a little farther try ?Triple T Taxidermy? in Lake Havasu City, AZ. She has offered to meet hunters half way or in the field. She does great work and her prices are reasonable.

Look at websites, prices, brochures, turn-around times, delivery fees, studios & a publication that publishes all the taxidermists. (I won't give out the name!)

I have used two different Taxidermist in Flagstaff & both have provided me with good mounts. You will get everyone's opinions, but it is ultimately up to you!

Thanks for all the input. Went with Chris @ Mountnview. I went by and was impressed with his work, his shop, and especially him. The others mentioned did some outstanding mounts as well..Tim @ T & R will get my next muley mount.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom