Taxidermist suggestion

ELKOHOLIC

Very Active Member
Looking for a Taxidermist for possibly Antelope and Deer. I live in Sanpete County, but I would take it wherever. I have used a few Taxidermist around here, but the wait time seems to get worse every time.

If you don't my jumping in on your thread...
How about anybody closer to Kanab?

I might be interested in simply someone to fully cape and prep a hide with a quick turnaround so it can come back with me to MI after the hunt.

I used Jay in Richfield on my elk. He does excellent work and if the family gets lucky enough we'll use him again this year, but do expect at least a year wait.

Luke Christensen he's from santaquin, he does great work and he's a very nice guy to talk to.

Luke Christensen

Bill, I am sure Jeremy Chamberlain out of Orderville would do it for you. I could ask him. I may end up taking something to him this year.

I have used Jay Ogden before. He does do great work. He stays really busy!

Thx Elkoholic, please do!

I have the puans rifle deer tag and hope to put a tag on a respectable buck. I like to have these details worked out before the hunt.

I appreciate the help.

Bill

LAST EDITED ON Aug-25-15 AT 07:30PM (MST)[p]Bill,

I used Jeremy Chamberlain with Braggin Rights Taxidermy. I'm not sure if he can do that quick of a turn-around on just the tanning. I'm not sure if he does his own tanning or not.

What I do know, is I had my buck in less than 4 months, and I couldn't be happier with it. He does INCREDIBLE work. He has experience working on many of the biggest bucks shot in Utah every year. Might be worth dropping it off, having him do it all for you, and shipping it back to you when done. I would assume that can be done.

Elkoholic,

If you don't mind driving down to Jeremy, that's where I would take your stuff.

Thank you,

Not looking for tanned, just properly fleshed, lips, ears, and eyes properly prepped for tanning. I'll chill it and bring it home.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-15 AT 08:36AM (MST)[p]Bill_in_mi Travis Roundy lives across the street from the Paunsaugunt. You may need to check a head for a rush job to get back on the road. His number is 435 691 0718

Carey has done an elk and turkey for me. No complaints, just excellent work. Redview Wildlife Taxidermy - Venice, UT

I second Jay Ogden also. I live in Texas and send Jay my heads because he is that good. Good to talk to also. I spoke to him yesterday and he is slammed right now.

435-896-6021

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom