Taxidermist???

DMCHUNTER

Ok guys seasons are starting and if you were lucky enough to take a deer for the wall who would you send it to in state or out?

The best thing I would do is to look up that states taxidermy association usually they have pics on there web page from there shows. If you look up the member listing you might find a web page for particular taxidermist and a photo gallery of there work plus prices on what they charge. The taxidermy shows are design to help other taxidermist enhance there skills. Good luck.

quest

Keeping in mind that the best taxidermists don't always advertise or enter shows.....they do mostly referal work and are VERY busy.

Where you live might make a difference also, assuming you wanted it done close to home....shipping is an issue.

".....but by God, I never said a word to a pig!"

Chad Wiebe at Central Coast Taxidermy he's South of Paso Robles on Hwy. 46. There's none better.

My local taxidermist right here in Eureka for big game. He did a pronghorn for me in 1992. It looks just as good now as it did back then. He hasn't taken on any new clients in years. If he hasn't done work for you in the past, don't even bother asking. He has no desire to expand.

Eel

Oh Yes....I forgot to warn you that there are about 100 "best taxidermists in the world"......and that will be just from THIS thread.

".....but by God, I never said a word to a pig!"

I can't imagine getting a buck big enough to warrant a full shoulder mount. I have 6 mounted up right now and i'm about tired of looking at the things. That said, none of mine were professionally done except my first Blackie paid for by Grandpa.

It wouldn't take much coaxing and i'd rip all the racks off my mounts and add them to the pile. Things change though, i'd enjoy getting one this year that would be big enough to tempt me... :)

Joey

If you are in Nor Cal I would say Dennis King in Jacksonville OR.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

Dennis is damn good.

2007Tostensdeerhunt125.jpg

So is Dustin Clark.

(And yes, those are Blacktails!)

060-1.jpg

Eastern California..."One4thewall", Evan Sherritt, is hands down my favorite.

His cats are the best I have ever seen and his big game animals are pure art.

"......but by God, I never said a word to a pig!"

I think Dennis trained Dustin and I believe Dustin (while working for Dennis) did at least one of my blacktails.

Dustin is also good.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

My son's girlfriend's dad, Cliff Cessna, is VERY good. However, you have to send your cape to Pennsylvania. Check out "Cessna Taxidermy" on the internet. pc

>Dennis is damn good.
>
>
2007Tostensdeerhunt125.jpg

>
>
>So is Dustin Clark.
>
>(And yes, those are Blacktails!)
>
>
060-1.jpg

man those are nice mounts not to mention the racks, you got me pumped H, I got a C tag burning a hole in my wallet this year...

Everyone is going to say that THEIR taxidermist is the best. However, the best judge of mounts are not customers, the best judges are taxidermist. If you want the best in CA then check out the winners of the CA taxidermy competition. If you want the best in the west then check out the winners of the Western Regional competition. If you want the best in the Nation then check out the National or International competitions.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom