Tent trailer?

KennyT

I am looking at geeting a camp trailer that has pull out beds similar to a tent trailer. Anyone have experience with these? Im worried about condensation on the inside. Ive heard you can wake up wet inside. Any info will help.

Not exactly a tent trailer, guess more of a fold down trailer but cost is about the same as tent and really better IMHO. You might check out a Chalet trailer, I picked up a used one last year for a good price, its lightweight, has fridge/stove/water and will sleep 4 no problem. No bathroom but thats OK for what it is. It has hard-sides so in bad weather its real nice. Mine also has a cargo box up front for lots of storage and the Trail Boss package so its sits up nice and high and I can get it way back if I want. Tows nice and has been great so far, will go back to Wyoming again this year for antelope:) I attached a pic that shows you how it looks if you have never seen one.

6114chalet_1.jpg

do yourself a favor and get a light weight low profile travel trailer.I'm in the RV business and it seems like everyone I know ends up selling their tent trailer shortly after they buy one. You can set up a tent in less time than a tent trailer.

I have one like the pic above and have really enjoyed it. It is small enough to pull practically anywhere (21'), but when you put the pop outs in front and back out, it feels really roomy. I hve noticed a bit of condensation on the tent parts when camping in the snow, however when its cold outside I usually just leave the pop outs closed and it stays plenty warm inside.

}}-SLIVER-->

I have a 2001 Redwood pop up tent trailer and I love it! I've only taken it camping in weather that only got 40 degrees at its coldest but it has a heater in it. They are very easy to set up. I can set mine up in about 5 minutes from start to finish. I have had my whole family in it sleeping (6 of us) and never had any condensation whatsoever. They are lightweight and allows plenty of storage while being towed. I love mine.

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom