Tenzing TZ4000

fuzzyvelvet

Anyone tried this pack? How do you like it? Good for heavy loads? Light weight? Good quality? Long lasting? How is the company to work with/warranty? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply; why would you do the 5000 or 6000? I am looking mainly for a day pack. I was thinking the bigger ones would be too big?? I also like how the 4000 can zip up to be real small about 1500 they say. Has the pack had issues? What did you have to deal with in regards to the warranty? Thanks again.

Major flaw in the way Tenzing designed all of these packs, 4000, 5000, etc... Right where your two buckle straps attach to the waist belt will rip, 100% gauranteed. These two straps are only sewed 50% to the one strap that goes all the way around the waist. When sinching your waist, any uneven torque rips the material wide open, exposing the inside of the waist belt. Would be an easy fix at a seamstress, but who wants to go to that trouble after droping $400 on a pack!!!! I didn't get the pack. LOL.

There is better quality and research in your regular hiking packs like Kelty and North Face than 90% of the hunting packs made. There are some top runners like Kifaru, Mystery Ranch, and Kuiu, but $800 for a pack when it's all said and done, no freaking way! But that is your choice...

The ripping of the waist belt is true. Other than that I love the versatility and comfort of the pack for day use or over night.

Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if this issue has been addressed by Tenzing? Is this still an issue with 2015 models? How does it do packing heavy loads?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom