Texas Pronghorn

Whitedeer

I took this buck on Sunday afternoon up in the Texas panhandle just north of Pampa, Texas. I was hopeful that I had killed my first 80 inch buck, but he comes up about a half inch short. His prong length is his only weakness at 4 1/2 inches each. He is 15 1/2" on his left and 15" on his right. My best buck by about 5 inches. I couldn't be happier with him.

1375jims_antelope_2010_small.jpg

7674jims_antelope_4_aa_small.jpg

Thanks for looking.

If he is that close to 80 i would just call him that. ha

Great buck though no matter what he scores.

Tag's right.

"If you can't improve on a story, don't retell it"

I'd call him an 81 incher!

Sweet looking buck, congratulations!

Zeke

That's an awesome animal! BTW we round up to the nearest whole number around here. Makes it much easier and after all hunting and fishing tales go hand-n-hand.

You'd think that being from Texas, you would have a firm understanding on the concept of the stretchy tape. Everyone around my neck of the woods does.

Congrats, what ranch did you take him on?

Great buck. Love the mass. Did you knife him to death. Thats an odd exit wound just below his kneck there.

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

Interesting question. I did my best to hide them in the photos, but this buck had three spots that were about 6 inches long and three inches tall where the hair was completely gone. All three were down the front, left side of his neck. It looked very similar to the calous that they get on top of their shoulders from going under barbed wire fences. I'm not sure if they were the result of fighting or what. One of the spots looked very recent and red. The other two were healed with no sign of the hair growing back. I was thinking about having this guy mounted if he went in the book, but would have had to find a cape. This was the ugliest cape I have ever seen on a pronghorn. Any other ideas where spots like this could come from? He had another one on the back of his head and between the horns.....

WD

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom