Texas Rain

T

TK

For those of you hunting Texas this year it ought to be be one for the books. Timely and copious amounts of rain have the state, including S. Tx., looking as good as I have ever seen it. After two years of drought it is quite a sight. The horn growth should be outstanding!

Music to my ears!!! Thanks for the report! I am already looking forward December! Here is a nice eight that came to the horns!

465cb2db7f2cbecc.jpg

Yea, I'm settin here in Hamilton County,
and I've never seen the likes of it.

And they're talking about it for the next week.

The bucks we're seeing right now have excellent
bases. Should be interesting.
fyi
lrv

Has anyone heard any reports from Maverick or Kenney Counties? Just wondering if they recieved rain also?

They have had plenty of that good ol liquid sunshine. My place is in Dimmit which borders Maverick. I had 8 1/2" of rain last week and most of it came out of Mexico which means it came across Maverick. Kinney county also got mucho rain. We have had a 1/2" or so of rain every couple of weeks since January. I think just about every county in Texas has had good rains. It is starting to get hot now but for the most part the antlers are set for the year. Rain in April means above average growth in S. Tx. generally speaking.

TK,

You boys will be set on go then.
Y'all should have a very interesting year.
You combine all of this rain with a little
age structure.......

It should Be On.

Good luck sir, hope it works out the way you
want it to.

I can't wait to break out the spotting scope here
around July.

lrv

Yes sir and more rain on the way. The deer are not eating any of our supplements right now. Just too much good natural vegatation for them to eat on with all this rain. Look out B&C, this year should be a good one.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom