Texas - Would you close the distance?

ckat

I know most on here hunt the Rockies west... wanted to throw in a little Texas fun.

Northern West Texas - not the Sandhills. All private land, permission is tough to come by, but you were lucky enough to know the right person. They are around 1200 yards away - the wind is strong but favorable. From what you can see, is he worth ending your Texas trip?

Attachments

• IMG_2789.MOV
    21.1 MB
Very likely. Get closer to know for sure. He has a couple of non typical points and excellent mass with great width and beam length. He has a lot of positives but you have to get closer to know for sure. Thanks for sharing.

I must have a vision issue, it's so blurry and shaky I can't really tell but if Tristate says he's a shooter he probably is. Thanks for posting.

I must have a vision issue, it's so blurry and shaky I can't really tell but if Tristate says he's a shooter he probably is. Thanks for posting.
Sorry. Winds were about 40mph that day - just couldn’t get good footage with the wind/distance.

Yep, get closer. If you are able to get within 500 yards you should know if its a buck you want. If he busts you before then, the decision has been made for you.

Always worth closing the distance. Then, if you decide not to shoot, there's always pictures to be taken! :) I think most good Texas MD bucks like this are a real trophy anyway.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom