Thanks

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-13 AT 03:12PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-13 AT 03:12?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-13 AT 03:06?PM (MST)

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped me and gave me advice on this site. My dad, brother, and I had a blast. This was a much tougher hunt than I had anticipated, but that is what makes it rewarding. Although he is no monster I am happy with my Fishlake late season bull. I especially want to thank Spencer, Cody, and Mike. You guys were a tremendous help and I hope to return the favor one day.
7700dsc_0843.jpg

Nice!

Can you clue us in on your overall thoughts on the Unit?

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-13 AT 11:41AM (MST)[p]Shane,
Congrats on a your bull! I know you put in a lot of time and effort preparing for the hunt. I hope it will be great memories for you and your family!

Great thirds on that bull. Congrats. The reason we are talking about your bulls thirds. Is back when i shot my bull up there twenty years ago. Fish lake bulls where known to have weak third. Not the case with your bull. . Looks like you where down low. I am heading up on Friday .My two nephews have cow tags on east side of fish lake. What side where you hunting ? Did you see any big herds?

Shane, congrats again on a great bull! I wish I could have been down there to give you guys a hand.

Bigjohn, pm sent.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-18-13 AT 10:22PM (MST)[p]Thanks assassin. Well here are my thoughts. I think if you know the unit really well (better than I did) then you have a chance of getting a really nice bull. It was not an easy hunt. We saw 2 maybe 3 mature bulls in 6 days. The success rate over the last 2 years was 65% and 57% percent, pretty low as far as Utah LE's go. You have to figure some of those people are guided and I bet some really small bulls are shot as well. I will leave you with this thought. My brother was with me for the entire hunt and he has just enough points to draw this same hunt for next year. He has decided not to put in for it after coming on my hunt.

Does anybody know how the hunt was on the last Saturday and Sunday after the storms hit? Was it fogged in, did the snow and cold make the elk more active?

I had a totally different view of the Late Fishlake hunt. We saw over 70 different bulls on Thursday and Friday before the hunt. Then opening day we even seen more we hadn't seen. I just couldn't close the distance. I thought it was the funnest hunt I have been on. My dad is thinking about switching his points over to that hunt.

Over by rough canyon and Daniels. Ya a lot of them were mature bulls. But we seen them all around the mountains. Just a lot of glassing.

Congrats Grizz! In my experience, the tougher the hunt the fonder the memories. That bull was just the icing on the cake.

It's always an adventure!!!

>What?? There are NO elk
>on Fishlake! BigJohn,
>you been lyin' again?
>;)
>
>Pred

Opps I messed up :) We only say one bull threw the fog down low. So There is one bull on Fish Lake. ;-)
But we did see tons for rutting bucks . The snow and fog was tough last weekend.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom