The Antelope Master

B

Bura Nut

The Antelope Master

This is probably not new to most of you, but the only Antelope Master I am aware of is Tony Grimmett. He almost exclusively gets B&C goats, has nothing but a great reputation and knows how to hunt. What has everyone else heard or experienced with Mr. Grimmett?????? Thanks for the input........Allen

RE: The Antelope Master

I have heard the antelope he guides score more in the magazines than on the ground, I would say Todd Wilson is the guru of antelope.

He gets a lot of goats. But I have to agree that most of the goats in his ad in Trophy Hunter don't look like they all add up to the scores shown. Maybe it is just the picture. I do not know.

Jeremy

You sure don't see many getting offical entered into Boone and Crocket. Yes I know not everyone will, but when you compare names in the mag. too offical record very few get entered. Before you spend around 4,500 bucks look at several other options. Without doubt he does kill some top heads each year 2 or 3. Know when where and who has killed book heads and talked to them. Good luck.

I consider myself a master of antelope hunting (brag,brag,brag)having 28 years of experience at least that is when I was of legal age to hunt and drew my first tag. I have spent countless hours in the field just watching these critters and hunting them and am very good at judging size in the field. One has to show a certain amount of respect for them too. I spend weekends year round watching goats and spend every weekend from start till end of season just looking for the big one. I guide friends and family members for fun and my wife got a buck four years ago that went in the book.Does that count? I have two other bucks on the wall that were not officially scored that would go book. Does this make me a master?
If the areas I hunt had the genetics of the Arizona antelope I would consistantly kill B&C bucks year after year as long as I drew a tag or took someone else out. It wouldn't take long to gain a reputation like the so called experts. The only difference between them and me is money and location. Yes I am a master antelope hunter I just don't have the notoriety.

SOME people on this board are some of the most jealous and irresponsible people I have have ever heard(or read)in my life.

You'll run down people like Tony and Ely G. , who as far as I know, have no equal in their profession, without any basis other than "their pictures don't look right". What a freaking joke. Check your ego's at the door next time you come in.

Here is a young man and his father that have never had their ethics questionED in public that I know of, trying to make a living doing what we would all like to do and all you can do is spew forth a bunch of half truths and rumors. And we are supposed to be worried about gun grabbers and Anti's? I am more worried about jealous hunters than any of those political bs'ERS.

I have also looked at the pictures and wondered if the antelope actually scored what it said under the picture in Grimmetts ads. I also feel like antelope are the toughest animal to field judge and probably even tougher to photograph. That being said, I feel that these guys have no reason to misinterpret their hunts in any way, shape or fashion. With their reputation for harvesting HUGE goats they really have nothing to gain and everything to lose by using false advertising. A good friend of mine hunted with them in NM this year and killed a monster and had nothing but exceptional things to say about the Grimmets, their staff and the hunt. This guy hunts a lot and I have not heard him speak that highly of anybody. I would say that these guys are "Antelope Masters".

Drummond

Someburro don't take me wrong here. I was being sarcastic in fun towards myself and others on this thread. I have no jealousy toward other hunters, maybe a little envy. I praise any hunter who loves what they are doing whether it be someone like me or the Grimmett's. I don't know the Grimmett's and the first time I heard of them was when I checked out their website. How lucky they are. I'm glad they have the opportunity to do what they are doing. As far as how many bucks they have in the book or pictures of bucks that don't look big enough to go in the book I don't care.
Pictures can be deceiving. Look at all the pictures of the current world record on Grimmett's website. Some of those pictures of that buck look huge! and others you look at and say "that doesn't look that big." I have a 16 inch buck on the wall that I can look at one way and it doesn't look that big and change angle and this buck looks like a monster. I can see what these guys are talking about and it's all in the angle the picture was taken but the one thing that doesn't lie is that score sheet. I would love to be able to draw a tag and hunt with the Grimmett's. I think it would be the hunting experience of a lifetime.

If you guys look at the original post, this started in 2002. Eli, I was just pumping up the volume for your Fathers business. Of course there are a ton of good hunters out that kill big bucks on a regular basis. Also it would be alot easier for anyone to kill B&C bucks each year if they could just buy a tag in AZ for example. My point was real simple, the Grimmetts do this for a living and they consistently put big animals on the ground for clients............ Allen Taylor......

Bura,
Thanks.

PronghornHunter,
You're right about the picture with DW and JoeBoo. The right horn of DW is bigger than JoeBoo's right horn physically, but when they're scored they aren't much different. It's weird. Some of the pictures from that same angle look totally different. I just picked my favorite to put on the website! Hehe. And Pat Brewer was just a regular draw tag hunter! I can't wait to guide in Arizona next year. (Notice I didn't say 'hunt')

As for the pictures not looking big...well, sometimes they don't look that big. Heck, DW doesn't look nearly as big in the pictures as he does in person. And it isn't just our pictures. If you have access to B&C's pictures on their website you'll see tons of antelope that our scored higher than they look. I think what has happened is that most people's perception of what a B&C animal is, or what a big buck looks like, has been skewed. Most hunters think it's this giant that they'll never see, but in reality there are a lot of them out there. Well, at least in AZ and NM. You folks living elsewhere just got screwed for big bucks.

Cleric, when is the score going to be posted on the DW buck? Is the 60 day drying period up? What was the green score?

It's going to be scored within the next 2 weeks. We'll post it as soon as we know. We're not going to wait on this one like we did with JoeBoo. And let's just say that DW's green score was big enough. The buck was close to 18" with a 7" right prong and the mass is obviously huge. I'm not gonna say anymore than that right now.

Eli, just out of curiosity and with absolutely no animus intended, why do you post your name as "Cleric Reid" in your profile rather than Eli Grimmett? I've never understood why folks hide or cloak their identities on these websites when they are offering comment with an air of expertise.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-20-03 AT 00:23AM (MST)[p]I don't know. I'm EliAGrimmett on some other sites. I'm probably listed as Eli Grimmett under a screen name on this site that I've forgotten. Maybe I'll change it if I can.

Tony Grimmett's Pronghorn Guide Service is the best if anyone is looking for a record book Antelope. I'm still shocked that the Arizona auction tag holder did not hire the best.

Tony, When is your video going to be avaible?

Jason

I love their adds and all the huge bucks they put pictures of , and someday I'd love to hunt with this outfit . I love big antlers , but I won't hesitate to arrow a small muley or cow elk , but I have an absolute passion for monster antelope and Mr. Grimmett runs a business known for putting his hunters on true trophy class antelope . I hear he is very cool to talk to and his record speaks for it self .....NMhuntnutt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom