The Antelope Rut Thru Photos

buglinbilly

Very Active Member
Each fall I try to spend a week or two up in Wyoming photographing antelope during the rut. Here are but a very few of what I took. They are not my best or worst, but will give you an idea of what transpires on the sage at this time of year.

395a.jpg

404.jpg

411.jpg

414.jpg

418.jpg

400.jpg

398.jpg

416.jpg

451.jpg

447.jpg

445.jpg

440.jpg

420.jpg

425.jpg

422.jpg

485.jpg

469.jpg

476.jpg

479.jpg

462.jpg

467.jpg

474.jpg

453.jpg

457.jpg

456.jpg

465.jpg

460.jpg

492.jpg

498.jpg

477a.jpg

499.jpg

516.jpg

516.jpg

512.jpg

504.jpg

502.jpg

503.jpg

515.jpg

487.jpg

507.jpg

511.jpg

501.jpg

495.jpg

500.jpg

463.jpg

Have a good one. BB

buglinbilly....Truly amazing pictures!! you have an eye like no other!! Thanks for sharing..

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

Some serious looking dudes there ready for some serious business! Nice shots.

Great Pictures and thanks for showing us them. Looks like two of the Bucks might be GAY.........LOL

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Great pics BB. Lot of time and effort putting them up for us. Thanks. That buck on buck shot is just wrong.

Yelum

YELUM, that buck on buck photo has an incredible story behind it. Notice there is a little blood spot on the side of the bottom buck. He'd just had an arrow pass through him!

I'll let BB tell the story, but you wouldn't believe it without the pics :)

Cheers,
Pete

Great series of photos, You have some talent for taking pictures.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

My computer crashed and I had to get a new one but it's been in the shop getting all my files and photos transferred so I am posting this from my wife,s iPad.

Anyway the story on the gay bucks is quite interesting to say the least. If you look real close at bottom buck you can see blood on his coat near what many hunters refer to as "the crease". My son was up bowhunting at a waterhole when a group of antelope came into water. The does and fawns watered but the herd buck (the bottom buck with blood on his side) was too busy chasing off several other bucks whom were trying to horn in on his does.

The bottom buck had just chased off the top buck and finally came in and watered. As he turned to leave my son arrowed him on a quartering away shot. He ran but a short distance and just stood. The buck he had been running off came over immediately and raped my sons buck multiple times until he finally laid down and died.

When I said he raped him that is what I mean. It just wasn't a mount. He actually did the job on him 5 or 6 times.

Can any of you tell me how the less dominate buck could realize som quickly that the baton had been passes to him?

Have a good one. BB

Nice work Billy! I hope you don't mind me using one for a desk top back ground?
I'm shocked at the lack of "Penn State" jokes here...
I arrowed a buck a few years ago in Utah. He was trying to make his way out of the area when another buck came in and kicked his arss. I felt bad for him having to take the thumping before he could pass. However; rape is not something I have seen in the wild. Odd behaviour indeed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom