The Date It All Came Together

K

KILLSHOT

I always find it interesting to know what the date was when it all came together for you archery elk hunters out there. To me, it always seems like there are one or two days in Sept when most people end up tagging out on the same day. So what was your magic number this year? Usually for us it has been Sept 11th or the 12th that we kill but this year our magic date was the 14th. We killed two bulls back to back that evening and judging by a lot of the camera dates on peoples pics on here I would say the 14th was a great day for a lot of you. So lets here it, what was the date of your archery elk kill in 2010?

-KILLSHOT Productions Guides & Outfitters-

My elk season was short lived I took my bull first half hour of the season. Colorado 8/28 My bear however was 9/18 I have a pic posted of him on the bear site. I think he could make pope and young. Out of 7 of us we took 6 elk and 2 bears was the best season we ever had.

2008-sept 11 mourning of my sisters wedding. just a hair late!

2009-sept 11 last mourning

2010-sept 17 last mourning

For some reason I like to take it to the end.

9-11 for me.

Dry boot, you must be a really calm guy. I was starting to stress out like crazy with a week left. I'd have been a nut case if I had to of hunted the last couple days.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-10 AT 09:55PM (MST)[p]

Lol I dont know if its calm or just plain stupidity?? I should of tagged out this year on the 9th but I let him walk. I still dont know what I was thinking???
I have a bad case of I can do better syndrome. this year it bit me in the butt. I still wonder why I let a 350 bull walk? In the end I shot a decent bull
Oh well I will draw again in 2040 :)

I arrowed my Pauns bull on Sept. 2nd. He was the first bull I heard for the season. Three bugles. Wish I was doin it again.

You let a 350 bull walk??? My requirements for my LE tag was if I had a 350 or bigger bull within range it was going down. Once I got into the last week that would drop down to 330 or so bull. I ended up with 372 at 40 yards on September 11th.

I shot my bull on the 3rd of Sept this year. I've also shot two other bulls in previous years on the 3rd.

There's something about the first week the bulls start to round cows that makes them more succeptable to me getting close.

Cheers,
Pete

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom