The draft

feddoc

Long Time Member
My number was 225 so I likely wasn't gonna go. I volunteered anyway.

Im seeing reports that folks in Donetsk are going door to door and 'drafting' men 55 and younger.

If true, that's pretty drastic.

I forgot what my numbers were, but they were both high enough that I wasn't worried.

Drafting the day before a war seems a little late.

Draft?? I can't remember that far back to when I turned 18 in 1959. It was off at college, then married in 1961, and by 1964, we had three rug rats. Draft passed me by.

My youngest, Scott, enlisted at 17 as a combat engineer. Did his stint with that outfit, mostly in Germany & became a recruiter. Spent 11 years of his life as a recruiter, based in Lodi, CA; Phoenix, AZ & Ft. Collins, CO. He opted out when Clinton began destroying the budget.

Last edited:
Draft?? I can't remember that far back to when I turned 18 in 1959. It was off at college, then married in 1961, and by 1964, we had three rug rats. Draft passed me by.

My youngest, Scott, enlisted at 17 as a combat engineer. Did his stint with that outfit, mostly in Germany & became a recruiter. Spent 11 years of his life as a recruiter, based in Lodi, CA; Phoenix, AZ & Ft. Collins, CO. He opted out when Clinton began destroying the budget.
What timeframe was he at Ft. Collins?

I Always Wanted To Go!

They Taking anybody Older Than 55?

I Might Break The Orders Though!

If We are at War I Will NOT Wait To Be Fired upon before Firing Myself!

When They Pulled That F'N BULLSHHIT In Iraq it was beyond belief for Me!

I saw on the news where civilians were "training" with plywood cut outs of Ak-47's.
Mainly women and teenagers.
Dont stand a chance.
God be with them.

I'm more scared of an army of teenagers with ak-47s fighting for their home than a well-armed group of men who are smart enough to realize they are risking their lives to enrich a tyrant.

I think there were 1970, 1971 and 1972 draft lotteries. I was in the 1972 lottery and my number was 89 but they didn’t get to my number. I don’t think anyone was drafted after 1972 although they continued the lotteries for a few years.

I had to go take a physical and written test but they didn’t get to my number. A couple of my friends who took their physical the same day I did were drafted. I think their numbers were like 10 or below.

I think there were 1970, 1971 and 1972 draft lotteries. I was in the 1972 lottery and my number was 89 but they didn’t get to my number. I don’t think anyone was drafted after 1972 although they continued the lotteries for a few years.

I had to go take a physical and written test but they didn’t get to my number. A couple of my friends who took their physical the same day I did were drafted. I think their numbers were like 10 or below.
That sounds right. It must have been 1969 that I got my notice to take a physical, then a couple months later I got my induction notice. I had to report to the Army in Oakland (I think) in November of 1969. President Nixon got on TV and announced the lottery starting in January 1970. Then he said, "As a show of good faith, I'm eliminating the draft for November and December". About 2 weeks later I got a notice in the mail that said, "Do not report at this time". Then I drew high numbers for however long the lottery lasted.

Got drafted but took quite a tumble down the backside of Timp.
Tore my knee up pretty bad.........4F

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom