The junk show of H and G.

As I write this thread from 8 miles deep into the Wyoming "wilderness" I can hear horses all around. I have never ever seen so many ppl on a hunt and to be frank, I feel bad for the poor animals. It is time for Wyoming to make some changes to the hunting seasons here in Western Wy. What a joke. I will be spending future deer hunts in other states and gladly pay non resident prices. I have spent my whole life hunting in H and G. Hell I live in the heart of it. I won't be hunting here again until something changes. Something extreme.
The high country has seemed pretty damn good to me the past couple years. I don't see what all the fuss is about. Maybe you just need to try hunting different spots. Trust me when I say that you will be hard pressed to find a tag as good as g or h that you can hunt every year in any state. There are other areas where you might see higher deer density but you're not going to find the trophy potential mixed with the density that g&h has in a unit you can hunt every year as a resident. Be careful what you wish for.

Bucks from the past couple years

Screenshot_20220701-105526_Instagram.jpg

IMG_20221012_210931_034.jpg

That's what I would say too you got lucky and found the only 2 bucks in G that were blind in one eye and you just happened to drive up on that side of em
???......? How do you know all the details of my hunts?You been spying on me? Don't be trying to swoop in on my G spot

Hey I probably would of 2 years ago if my bro didn't blow out that basin lol
??? The tards ran your buck off....your bro and the lions just cleared the rest of the basin. Word on the street is your buddy has redeemed himself by packing out prairie bucks for you and your pa

??? The tards ran your buck off....your bro and the lions just cleared the rest of the basin. Word on the street is your buddy has redeemed himself by packing out prairie bucks for you and your pa
He has redeemed himself. ? I'll be hitting up G again next year and I'll help my bro pack his out too haha

WYGFD is lying. That 2.5% CC fee goes directly to their operating account, less a few pennies that the CC/bank/processor truly charges for net zero transactions.

Look at New Mexico to be sure.

My family CC bill for New Mexico Apps is over $25K. New Mexico only keeps the $65 base hunting license and $13 per species. I just checked statements - Oryx/Ibex were $1623 charges and then $1610 went back to me the next month. Each species refunds independently with only the $13 missing from the refund.

Do you think New Mexico would engage in this $25K charge/refund game with me annually if they didn't get the 2.5% back each year? That 2.5% would cost them $625 (2.5%) for my family and far exceeds the $65 base license and $13/species. NMDGF would be losing hundreds of dollars on every NR applicant every year. Would NMDGF engage in that transaction at such a loss?
Not possible.

Shame on WYGFD.
Does this mean there will be one less NR applying in Wyoming this year? I bet not...

Spent 7 days in H (did not run across another deer hunter), actually didn't see another elk hunter until the last 2 days. One of the best hunts of my life. (Not just the harvest but being in that country for the most part without others). Would love to do it again.

I hunted H this yr for the first time as a NR. I’ve never seen so many bucks in so short a time with bad weather to boot. Tagged out opening morning on a personal best. The longer I’m a NR, the more irritated I get when residents complain about “how bad they have it.” Cry me a f***ing River….

I hunted H this yr for the first time as a NR. I’ve never seen so many bucks in so short a time with bad weather to boot. Tagged out opening morning on a personal best. The longer I’m a NR, the more irritated I get when residents complain about “how bad they have it.” Cry me a f***ing River….
what residents are crying about how bad they have it?

Let's put this more into perspective. Show us your "personal best".

Relax everyone, Ltsheets is from the east coast he doesn't no any better. Maybe I'm starting to like that wilderness law after all.
Lived in NM for almost 5 yrs. I’ve lived out west and experienced what it’s like to be lucky enough to have resident odds. The wilderness rule would make since if you couldn’t literally do anything else but big game hunt without the need of a guide. Don’t come with the safety due to bears either when it’s all wilderness, not just around grizz.

Moving to NC for family reason, bc it’s more important than my hunting addiction, showed me just how fortunate residents of western states have it when it comes to hunting.

Everyone is welcome to voice their thoughts about hunting on this site, whether Wyoming residents like it or not. Being a total jerk will get you banned. Won’t be tolerated.

Might want to keep the background out of your pics fyi. Even if you never plan on going to that spot again there are people that hunt there every year.

Congrats on the buck!
Thanks and will keep that more in mind in the future.

What's the advantages?
So I shot that deer out of a group of 3. There was another hunter to my left. The deer were so confused as to where the shot came from that they didn’t spook. The other hunter was able to stalk in for a shot too but he missed unfortunately.

Also this one reduces recoil like a brake, reduces muzzle rise due to the weight on the end of the barrel, and I no longer have to worry about ear pro when hunting (still wear it when practicing).

LMAO! The rifle as it sits in the picture, weighs about 9.5 lbs if I remember correctly. Not as heavy as you might think.
Now a days, its pretty easy to go light with carbon fiber barrels or just an aftermarket stock makes a difference.
Did you guy's see many bear? We saw several...quite a few blacks with one cinnamon. He was a dandy. I'm not a bear guy but was thinking about running into town for a tag. Horses were about done or I probably would have.

Now a days, its pretty easy to go light with carbon fiber barrels or just an aftermarket stock makes a difference.
Did you guy's see many bear? We saw several...quite a few blacks with one cinnamon. He was a dandy. I'm not a bear guy but was thinking about running into town for a tag. Horses were about done or I probably would have.
Didn’t see a single bear. I was surprised about that. I knew we were a little south for Grizz but surprised we didn’t see a black bear.

Didn’t see a single bear. I was surprised about that. I knew we were a little south for Grizz but surprised we didn’t see a black bear.
There was a mother and 2 cubs (grizzly) on that ridge behind you in the pic during the summer. And a black bear just north a bit.
This was the first year I’ve seen any grizzlies up there. I even bought some bear spray.

Well!

If Founder Didn't Take A Buck In That Country I Know It Was Tough!

And Yes,I Know He Wouldn't Shoot a PISSCUTTER Just To Say He Got a Buck!

I Know He Could'of Took Several But Not What He Was Looking For!

And I Give Him & Guys Like Him Credit For Doing So!

Sad Part is,Most Hunters Are Gonna Shoot The Best Buck They Can Find & That Size Gets Smaller By The Day As Season Winds Down But They've Gotta Kill one!

Bears - we ran into one black bear (100 yards from our tent) and ran into grizzly bear poop over a dead carcass - I know it was grizzly poop because of the taste. (hair on the back of the neck went up when you see that over a carcass you are standing next to with claw marks on it). Grab the pistol and slowly get the hell out of there. Yes I am scared of grizzlies but can't wait to go back!

Bears - we ran into one black bear (100 yards from our tent) and ran into grizzly bear poop over a dead carcass - I know it was grizzly poop because of the taste. (hair on the back of the neck went up when you see that over a carcass you are standing next to with claw marks on it). Grab the pistol and slowly get the hell out of there. Yes I am scared of grizzlies but can't wait to go back!
What........you tasted poop?

Too late....already bought a home in Wyoming! LOL
Well since so many wanting to move here for the hunting I gotta email the legislators and make it so you have to work through the regions starting with A for the first 5 yrs before you get to the G and H hunting. No big deer anyway so it shouldn’t hurt ya much ?

Why is the gun in front of the animal? Trying to get a sponsorship from the fun manufacturer? Or wanting people to know you over paid for a rifle? You gotta kill a bigger buck than that for a sponsorship.
I guess some people are just as proud of the gun as the trophy behind it?

I guess some people are just as proud of the gun as the trophy behind it?
If a family heirloom or a rifle with lots of history, etc. I often take a photo with the rifle.

Like this one, elk I shot this fall with my late Grandfathers Winchester model 70 300 WM. He bought it new in the mid-60's, IIRC, he paid about $139 for it:

4D4BABC6-0351-4AC8-A07C-4EE2B76E3C51221.jpg

But that photo in question with the deer, does look like an advertisement for a company.

That Winchester look almost new.
Yeah, but it's definitely had the new knocked off it...just in pretty good shape, considering.

Bull my Grandfather shot with it in 1970:

grampsbull.jpg

Elk he killed with it in the mid-90's:

grampselk2.jpg

Mule deer he killed with it in the mid-80's:

grampsmd2.jpg

One of the last couple deer he shot with it in the late 90's (he usually shot deer in the head for some reason, I never did like that):

grampsmd1.jpg

Whitetail doe he shot with it one morning:

grampswtdoe.jpg

And later that day, his last elk with it too:

grampselk.jpg

Why is the gun in front of the animal? Trying to get a sponsorship from the fun manufacturer? Or wanting people to know you over paid for a rifle? You gotta kill a bigger buck than that for a sponsorship.
Whether shot with a bow, muzz, or rifle, I always take a pic with what I took the animal with. Why you have an issue with the pic to the point you feel it necessary to talk crap about a picture I took, is beyond me….

Whether shot with a bow, muzz, or rifle, I always take a pic with what I took the animal with. Why you have an issue with the pic to the point you feel it necessary to talk crap about a picture I took, is beyond me….
I think your picture with that buck was awesome, except for one thing: the gun looks like a cheap advertisement sitting in the forefront.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom