The mighty Klamath River

eelgrass

Long Time Member
The largest dam removal in the world happened last month. You know, to save the river. I thought they were going to let the water out gradually with clean up as they go. Nope, they let it all go at once, and right before this latest weather event with massive snow melt coming. Now they're flushing the entire ecosystem out to the Pacific Ocean. It will bounce back but not in my lifetime. We're educated above our intelligence once again.

Denver Wants A Big Pipeline Out Of Flaming Gorge!

Maybe If They Knock The Damn Out We Won't Have To Worry About It!

My Question Is This:

Is This World Gonna Last Long Enough To Even Worry About This?

And Even If It Helps The Salmon Will Probably Be So Contaminated You Still Can't Eat Them!

Now y’all can understand why I have such contempt for bureaucracies. I doubt President Biden has never heard of the Klamath River or these dams. Bureaucrats run this country, from the grass roots to the chairs in Congress. The Bureaucrats must laugh there a$$ off…… when it comes to elected officials.

Ya……. But……. It will be blamed on warming. And public will believe what ever the media tells them……… follow the science bubba. I mean Mega!
If things continue the way they are we're gonna follow the science right over the ledge of no return!

Worked at Power Plants for over thirty years. Best renewable, cleanest , most cost effective , most readily available power
comes from those dams.
You know the ones they want to tear out and replace with more of those beautiful bird killing high output 4 mw windmills. They sure enhance the countryside. They also work really well when the wind isn't blowing. Mega -- I mean Mega Watt !

If things continue the way they are we're gonna follow the science right over the ledge of no return!

Worked at Power Plants for over thirty years. Best renewable, cleanest , most cost effective , most readily available power
comes from those dams.
You know the ones they want to tear out and replace with more of those beautiful bird killing high output 4 mw windmills. They sure enhance the countryside. They also work really well when the wind isn't blowing. Mega -- I mean Mega Watt !
They provide a ton of recreation and tourism dollars too......

They provide a ton of recreation and tourism dollars too......
Sounds like lots of pictures need to be taken and shared so the next time they talk of taking out another hydro dam, the results can be displayed for the folks…….

Oh, never mind, the folks will follow the science, not their lying eyes.

Last edited:
We had a report on the Feather river in my area where they went into the pools located on the side of the river and cleaned them out to the gravel bed. This was done downriver of the dam located on the river. They conducted a count of the salmon fish beds before and after the cleanout. There was 4 times more fish beds and far more salmon fry after the clean out.
They do not need to remove the dams. just clean out the silt to where the salmon have the gravel beds to deposit their eggs.
Will the liberal idiots listen to this, I doubt it. Nothing wrong with having both hydro dams and abundant salmon production.
Those dams also provide great flood protection and the Klamath river is noted for flooding in some areas. It will be far worse now.
RELH

They're Gonna Save The Earth!

I Think They Started A Little Late!

Of All Places To Tear Them Hydro Plants Out...............!

Right Where Power Is Needed Most!

I just hope some day the salmon come back to the point where the Indians can commercial gill net them in the river like they used to do back in the 70's, 80's and 90's. 75 years after the dams were built.

My fishing buddy has a brother who lives on the Klamath at Weitchpec. They've been catching catfish that washed out of the lakes in the river the last two weeks with their bare hands. WTF?

This sounds like the front end of the wolf argument for the wolves in Yellowstone and how they saved the Park………

It Wasn't The Damn Catfish!

It's The Damn Dams!

I just hope some day the salmon come back to the point where the Indians can commercial gill net them in the river like they used to do back in the 70's, 80's and 90's. 75 years after the dams were built.

My fishing buddy has a brother who lives on the Klamath at Weitchpec. They've been catching catfish that washed out of the lakes in the river the last two weeks with their bare hands. WTF?

They've Been On A Kick Here In DRATville As Well!

They Want The Flaming Gorge Dam Tore Out So We Can Restore The SQUAWFISH Back To Where They Were In About 1890-early 1900's!

I've Told Them For Decades!

You Want SQUAWFISH?

Go To Washington State & They'll Give You More Than You Want!

Fly Em Down Here & Dump Em In The River!

What Lives Is What Lives!

Ya,A Few Will Die In The Process & Washington Won't Care!

Salmon, salmon, salmon. No mention to what's happening to the steelhead and sturgeon.

In the long run I suppose the river will recover. And then at some point some genius will figure out it would be a good idea to build a dam for flood control and power generation and recreation. Hey, there's an idea.

And then at some point some genius will figure out it would be a good idea to build a dam for flood control and power generation
They want to tear out all the dams.

Oregon and California are promoting electric heat everywhere so they can do away with that nasty global warming natural gas and propane. Not to mention them gas emitting milk cows.

By the end of the school year in 2025 Oregon wants to have in place their new " Equity Grading " for schools statewide so everyone can feel warm and fuzzy about going to school.

The way things are shaping up I don't think there is gonna be any geniuses around to figure out they might need a new dam built!

To be fair though, the new Equity grading system could mandatorily make everybody a genius. If so we're good.

It appears the fish scientists are the same as the climate scientists. It's not about the fish or the climate.

Madness personified………
It appears the fish scientists are the same as the climate scientists. It's not about the fish or the climate.
yes……. my guess, for what it’s worth, is they’ll blame someone than themselves and go forward and do more of the same, an be proud of the skill and execution.

Not to mention irrigation to grow food.
I was being sarcastic to this line.....

"You know the ones they want to tear out and replace with more of those beautiful bird killing high output 4 mw windmills. They sure enhance the countryside. They also work really well when the wind isn't blowing. Mega -- I mean Mega Watt !"

When that happens in CA. we are going to see far more "brown outs" due to lack of mega watts to supply our electric needs. Gee! just when they are pushing the electric cars and they need daily recharging. Talk about the cart before the horse. Makes you wonder if the majority of Democrats have any working brain cells.
RELH

When that happens in CA. we are going to see far more "brown outs" due to lack of mega watts to supply our electric needs. Gee! just when they are pushing the electric cars and they need daily recharging. Talk about the cart before the horse. Makes you wonder if the majority of Democrats have any working brain cells.
RELH
Definately no comprehensive long term cognative big picture visionaries in that universe. They seem to lack the ability to process linear solutions, without just thinking, “screw it, just go for it.”

I can remember when they closed the Trinity and Klamath Rivers to gold dredging. Disturbing the sediments off the bottom with a 4" suction dredge was causing damage to the spawning grounds. Now sending millions of cubic yards of clay and sediments down the river in one day is good for the river.

And they think spreading seeds on the old lake bottoms this Spring is going to prevent future erosion. There isn't an Indian alive who will ever see a wild salmon on the Klamath again. And sturgeon are in the river right now getting ready to spawn. Boy are they in for a surprise.

The environmentalists are saying mission accomplished. I believe them.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom