The new Swarovski 10X42 EL Range Binoculars

JakeSwensen

Is anyone here using the new EL Range Binoculars with tracking assistant? How do they compare to the new NL pure line? I have an older pair of 10X42 EL Swaro vision binoculars and I'd like to upgrade. How good is the glass in the new EL Range Binoculars?

Have not looked through a pair of the new EL range but if upgrading and sticking with 10x42 I’d sure look at the NL pure also. The NL pure have 20% improved FOV over the EL.

Last edited:
I just received a pair of the EL Range 10x42s. They are right up there with the older ELs I have used previously. I have not looked through the NL Pure though so I cannot compare it. I had held off on the older EL Range's because the glass wasn't quite as good supposedly. But I honestly can't really tell the difference. I have not had a chance to spend hours looking through them in a hunting situation yet though.

I probably wouldn't haven't gotten the Range's except this was a gift from my brother for some work I had helped him out with. I like that the range button can be easily used with the right hand. So I can use them as a true range finder with my bow in my hand.

Also looking forward to getting my ballistics set up in the binos for two of my rifles.

I feel that the new EL Range with Swarovision is comparable to the older EL's with Swarovision. I don't think you will notice much difference. At least I didn't. But like I said I haven't spent a lot of time behind them looking for deer/elk etc. yet.

I'd be interested to hear what other guys are using for a tripod adapter for the EL Range's. I picked up a UTA to strap them down with, but am tentative to send into Outdoorsman or somewhere else to have a threaded adapter installed.

The NLs will look brighter as they have a wider field of view allowing more light in, but they actually have the same glass as the ELs. the EL Range TA i felt like is the same as the previous model EL Range. in my experience, any rangefinding binocular when compared to the equivalent model, without rangefinder, will look "darker" so to speak. ive seen it with zeiss swaro leica vortex and so on. i feel that swaro is brighter for my eyes though so i like to use their glass.
it all comes down to preference. you want a combination bino to consolidate. or do you not mind having different items.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom