The Secondary Draw is

Focoelkman

Complete Fin garbage !!!! How are tags available or made available for a new draw ?, that I didn’t draw for in the 1st draw?!

This state and the idiots running the show are really starting to up the suck factor around here!

Maybe it’s this 100 degree heat pissing me off!?

Only positive is my daughter and I can apply together for her first ever big game draw and hope for the best:

Complete Fin garbage !!!! How are tags available or made available for a new draw ?, that I didn’t draw for in the 1st draw?!

This state and the idiots running the show are really starting to up the suck factor around here!

Only positive is my daughter and I can apply together for her first ever big game draw and hope for the best:
If your daughter is a youth, you might consider having her apply seperately.

The reason these tags are available is they were not paid for, probably because of credit card issues. In the past, you had to front the tag fee and this wasn't an issue. They could easily go to the next in line, but chose this option. Do they keep the points of those that didn't pay?

Do they keep the points of those that didn't pay?
THE PAYMENT DEADLINE IS FINAL. PLAN AHEAD! If we are unable to charge the credit card NEW or CPW gift certificate on file in your account and you fail to pay for your license online, by phone or at a CPW office by the deadline, your license is surrendered, and you lose both the license and any preference points you used to draw it.

THE PAYMENT DEADLINE IS FINAL. PLAN AHEAD! If we are unable to charge the credit card NEW or CPW gift certificate on file in your account and you fail to pay for your license online, by phone or at a CPW office by the deadline, your license is surrendered, and you lose both the license and any preference points you used to draw it.
Thanks. That's why they don't go the next in line, because they took someone's points.

If your daughter is a youth, you might consider having her apply seperately.

The reason these tags are available is they were not paid for, probably because of credit card issues. In the past, you had to front the tag fee and this wasn't an issue. They could easily go to the next in line, but chose this option. Do they keep the points of those that didn't pay?

Yes they keep the points. If it took more than 5 pts to draw they do call the next 5 in line. If none of them take it, it goes on the list. A few years ago none of the returned or unpaid tags were offered back up.. If the tag you applied for is on this list,, its because somebody drew it and didn't pay for it.

Wasn’t there alternates for tags in the past? Is that no longer a thing?
I believe this is what your referring too. Reissues: Most limited licenses that have been returned will be made available to other hunters through a reissue process. Returned limited licenses that took 5 or more preference points to draw will be offered to the next applicant in line, up to 5 applicants. Those that took 4 or fewer preference points to draw will be available to the public on the Leftover List.

New this year, the secondary draw tags are populated from 3 sources;
-True leftover tags remaining after the primary draw (same as years prior)
-Tags requiring less than 5 points that were not paid for by the payment deadline (previously these went on the first reissue list, tags over 5 points go to the next people in line that applied for them)
-Tags that were returned prior to the date the list was generated (previously these went on the first reissue list)

The reason you see tags that you applied for in the primary draw on the secondary list is due to the last 2 bold sources options.

I believe this is what your referring too. Reissues: Most limited licenses that have been returned will be made available to other hunters through a reissue process. Returned limited licenses that took 5 or more preference points to draw will be offered to the next applicant in line, up to 5 applicants. Those that took 4 or fewer preference points to draw will be available to the public on the Leftover List.
yeah my bad I guess there are still alternates just for the hunts taking more points

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom