The SFW Winning Bid Proposal

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-15 AT 01:15PM (MST)[p]Just reading a small section on page 13 shows that they claim to have raised approximately 30 million dollars through the sale of Conservation Permits since 2001. I didn't see anywhere in there how much of that went back onto the ground in Utah, but I guess Birdman, the SFW expert, can come on and address that since he seems to feel that the groups are as snow white as a virgin and where every penny goes to support that supposition! Page 5 shows that in 2015 they sold 228,000 raffle tickets and at $5 per application that totals $1.14 million. Just think if all that money went right to DWR like the proposal submitted by RMEF, rather than just 30%!

Once the DWR releases all of relevant documents, it will be interesting to compare this 133 page promotional piece to whatever proposal SFW/MDF submitted prior to the September 1st deadline set forth in R657-55-4. And that's assuming that SFW/MDF actually submitted a proposal prior to the DWR's own deadline. I am betting that SFW/MDF may have beefed up their proposal after being given a second bite at the apple? We should know in the coming days.

-Hawkeye-

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-15 AT 01:08PM (MST)[p]Hawkeye---I wouldn't bet a plug nickel on anything remotely involving their operation! On second thought, the way they are in so many pockets it wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn't make a bid on the first go around, but yet there will be supporting documents in the file to show a bogus one that was put in there after 9/1.

Well, what I took from all of this is that "The Expo Partners"
Know how to leverage and spend these monies on projects
Of "The Partners" choosing without any public input.

So the question becomes where exactly are these funds being
Leveraged?? If they are in fact leveraged Federally the projects
Must be either PR or DJ approved to qualify. It's the private match
That worries me. Benson, Okerlund and Noel could probably shed
Some light I'd bet.

"The State of Utah has not given BGF anything.
They have invested in BGF to protect their
interests."
Birdman 4/15/15

BY the way, this link was posted on their Facebook page.

If you have Facebook head that way and offer a hearty congratulations.

interests."
Birdman 4/15/15

>BY the way, this link was
>posted on their Facebook page.
>
>
>If you have Facebook head that
>way and offer a hearty
>congratulations.
>
>
>"The State of Utah has not
>given BGF anything.
>They have invested in BGF to
>protect their
>interests."
>Birdman 4/15/15

I don't do Facebook or Twitter, but for those that do I hope you go on there and tell it like it is, and you know what I mean by that!

PS: That tagline of yours with the Birdman statement cracks me up every time I read it!

why is it redacted? I was especially wondering about page 91

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

LAST EDITED ON Dec-21-15 AT 02:09PM (MST)[p]Wow this is insane! How do the People fight this kind of thing, when the heads of state,etc. refuse to listen to the public. This kind of thing worries me because where can the People go to when they disagree with something so passionately, is the Federal Government the answer? And I'm not just talking about this situation, but all things when it comes to big money.

Here in IL we were all told that if we get the Riverboat gambling our schools would be taken care of and they would not have to raise real estate taxes, the same argument was for the lottery but guess what our taxes were raised 6 years in a row to get to 34%. Come to find out the monies was put in a General Fund that can be used for anything and everything. To bad schools wasn't on their list. And as many on here may know we are as broke as it gets. Four of our last five Governers on in jail.
St Louis MO is over turning what the People want to build a 1Billion dollar stadium for the NFL and we may or maynot have a team. But we need so much more things, streets, schools, safety! Geeez!

Reason I brought up St Louis is I live in Collinsville IL just 15 minutes east of St Louis so we here are Cardinals Fans not really Cub Fans

Sorry to all for my rant but this kind of thing just kills me!
Thanks for listening
Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Why is so much of the proposal blacked out? Isn't it public material once submitted? SFW takes censorship to a new level.

"We won. Here's our proposal but you can't read the details..."

SFW released the docs, they can do what they want. You'll likely need to file a public info request to get the full thing.

The proposal will be made public once the DWR and SFW sign a contract. Due to "the holidays and vacations," this may not happen for a week or two. Once it does, we will see what information the DWR is redacting v. what information SFW is redacting.

-Hawkeye-

This document is CLASSIC Don Peay and SWF. A whole lot of fireworks and pretty things and diversions, but not a lot of solid answers to real questions. It reminds me of how I used to try and do my research projects and papers in college. I know this game because I perfected it. It's the pdf version of the 3 hour tour he offered to take us on to his Beaver project.

Vi Et Armis Invictus Maneo

Top gun you won't hear from birdman because he has no clue where all that money ended up! if he did he ain't going to piss Don off and let the cat out the bag. One thing is for sure it never went to what it should have!
hornkiller.jpg

This is also posted on their website. I have asked why it is so heavily redacted. Unless it is non public information like socials personal addresses and the like it should be transparent. I work for a non profit and Federal guidelines require transparency. So where is SFW's transparency?

?If men were angels, no government would be
necessary.? John Adams

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-15 AT 08:30AM (MST)[p]>This is also posted on their
>website. I have asked why
>it is so heavily redacted.
>Unless it is non public
>information like socials personal addresses
>and the like it should
>be transparent. I work for
>a non profit and Federal
>guidelines require transparency. So where
>is SFW's transparency?

They have no idea what that word is! They put that up voluntarily on Facebook and the website and can do whatever they want with it. Once the contract is signed then the public can request the paperwork from Utah officials and it better not be redacted much for the exact reason you stated. As many loopholes as they have in their yearly tax returns where money can be funneled and not go on the ground, it seems that a 501(C)(3)operation must not have too many restrictions in order to stay legal and pass auditing requirements that must be pretty lax.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-15 AT 09:35AM (MST)[p]The following numbers are taken directly from the 2013 Form 990 for SFW (Latest and ONLY Tax filing available on their website)

Total Revenue - $4,189,948

Total spent on Big Game Habitat Improvement - $184,588

Total spent on Mule Deer Study - $106,431

Total spent on Guided Hunting Tours in CANADA - $888,384

Total paid to Peay Consulting, Inc. - $261,000

Total paid for Big Game Hunts, Permits, and Landowner Tags - $1,679,547

Take time to read through this tax filing.

http://www.sfw.net/data/SFW-990-2013.pdf

Has anyone considered going to the news stations with this? It could be a PR nightmare for SFW. I'm so sick of the backdoor deals and buying political votes. Utah is in bed with the some of the most crooked people when it comes to our wildlife.

I'm not sure how you present this to the media, but I'll do it if someone wants to fill me in on how.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-15 AT 11:34AM (MST)[p]If enough people contact the news stations they'll investigate it, here's KUTV:

[email protected]

Also contact KSL and abc 4 and fox 13 if you can. There contact link is at the bottom of all there pages.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-15 AT 03:55PM (MST)[p]As we gather around this Christmas season we are so proud to be engaged in an organization that has the values that this great country we call America was founded upon. This RMEF commitment will never lead us away from our mission of habitat preservation and sound wildlife stewardship. We are proud of our accomplishments, and our excited to see what more can be done. If you share the values in the picture below we would ask you to join us as we move forward. Merry Christmas

3680integrity.jpg

Mr Ron camp everyone is sick of the lies! Real Sportsmen are work as we speak to get rid of the con organization your speaking of!
hornkiller.jpg

Hornkiller,

Are you a little confused? The organization justthefacts refers to is the RMEF. Are you saying real sportsmen are trying to get rid of the RMEF? I thought this to be strange since you were clearly anti-SFW in other posts.

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-22-15
>AT 09:35?AM (MST)

>
>The following numbers are taken directly
>from the 2013 Form 990
>for SFW (Latest and ONLY
>Tax filing available on their
>website)
>
>Total Revenue - $4,189,948
>
>Total spent on Big Game Habitat
>Improvement - $184,588
>
>Total spent on Mule Deer Study
>- $106,431
>
>Total spent on Guided Hunting Tours
>in CANADA - $888,384
>
>Total paid to Peay Consulting, Inc.
>- $261,000
>
>Total paid for Big Game Hunts,
>Permits, and Landowner Tags -
>$1,679,547
>
>Take time to read through this
>tax filing.
>
>http://www.sfw.net/data/SFW-990-2013.pdf
>
>

JUDAS!

PHUCKIN!

PRIEST!

We Are Blowing Money on Mule Deer Study?

Kinda Like Obama Blowing More Stimulus Money on Global Warming Study Ain't It?

Piss on Study & Let's Do something/Get something Done!

Don't you Think in the Last 43 GAWD DAMNED Years of PISS POOR Mule Deer Management We could do something Right?

GEEZUS!!!

"I'm Living & Dieing with the Choices
I've made!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=N8i5NLyXZdc

Agree with 26 CAT, I just wanna know which ##### in the dirt
We are chasing this week??

interests."
Birdman 4/15/15

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom