The wait is on boys!!!

cjboz

Very Active Member
I am sure ready to draw a muley tag this year. My dad and I are sitting on 6 pts a piece so fingers are crossed. I also applied for sheep this year for the first time so the waiting game is on, unless NV feels generous this fall. Also started points on antelope and elk. Along with Nv I applied for sheep in Oregon, a Southern general deer tag in Utah, Mule deer in NM, Deer(2) points in Colorado and More than likely AZ deer(2 points). I am 26 now so hopefully by time I am 40 I will have an opportunity at some decent tags, sorry to waste time, but there is nobody around where I live who is into "western" states hunting to visit with. Good luck inthe draws this spring!

cjboz with your 6 points are you trying to draw a tag for the late season or a early season.I just started applying in Nevada this year and figure i"ll have to hunt one of the early seasons.I don't want to wait 10 years to hunt there,i"m already waiting in other states.

I take it it"s one of the later seasons.You could have just said that i"m not trying to figure out what unit you put in for.

The cats out of the bag craig, not that I apply for the unit you put in for, but you should take you full name off of your profile If you dont want anybody to know where you apply for in Nevada.The hunt nevada draw page has given away many of peoples secret units.

Your right Ken I have found out where a lot of these Magazine monsters have come from because of that page.

I do the same thing but I still apply for the few units that i have all ways hunted.I know them better and I dont want to spend the time learning a new unit.

Tic Toc I hate the waiting game. Good luck to all unless you aplied were I did then I hope you draw right after me. lol

I put in for tags today, 4-12-9. Hope it goes good this year. As long as I get a deer tag I'll be happy. fatrooster.

when I draw my PIW TAG you guys can eat my shorts...wait a minute I don't wear any!!....how about my socks?
good luck to me (and you guys I guess)!

Rackmaster

I sure hope you do get a PIW tag! I hope someone draws a good tag and give us detailed report from the first day the tag is in hand, the scouting trips and the hunt.

Anybody believe in beginners luck??? I'm relying on it.

Wife in the first time for everything except goat in Nv, and everything in Ut except 1 PP for moose and antelope. It would be lottery odds for her to pull any tag except maybe Ut antelope and thats a longshot, hence the beginners luck prayer.

I'll probably draw that elusive Nv elk tag the year she draws 2 moose tags. Oh well, having to turn in a tag is better than no tag, huh?

anything can happen!
I drew a Pauns tag with 1pt, WY area 102 three times back to back to back...CA elk tag 4 years ago and CA antelope 3 years ago and my 14 old son last year! also I drew New Mexico unit 2b 2 years ago!
can't beat luck!

Rackmaster

I finally got applicatons in for myself (res), my wife (res) and my brother (nonres). My brother and I both have 5 bonus points for antelope and it looks like we have a good chance of drawing some of the units we selected. As the thread says, the wait is on!

The huntnevada page does give out a lot of info, but I think magazines like Muley Crazy and Eastmans Journal have more of an impact by listing specific units of kill and where to apply to harvest a "Trophy" class mule deer.. I've lived in NV my entire life and when you see guys like Randy Ulmer and Greg Krogh on the cover of magazines and the story shows unit of kill it really chaps my ankles!!!!

RACK, you must live right, that's some pretty long odds you beat on some of those.

cjboz, If you are buyng the license in Ore for a sheep app, apply pointsaver for Deer, elk, antelope too. For another $20.00 you can get a point for each species, each year. Ore has issues with predators, habitat loss, drought and mis-management BUT they still have some good elk huntin and great antelope!!
At your age, you may pull a good tag or two by the time you are 40.

I kinda do the opposite of you. I apply for deer. elk and antelope and buy the $6.50 sheep lottery ticket too. :)

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom