The yearly MM cycle

travishunter3006

Very Active Member
APPLICATION SEASON:
“I have X points. What unit should I apply for?”
“What is the best unit for a guy with 2 points? Serious replies only. I want a 180” buck or better”

PRE-DRAW RESULTS:
“When will we see the draw results?”
“Are the tag numbers set yet?”
“My card got smacked! JUST KIDDING!”
“I have 6 non resident points and I applied for Antelope Island. Anyone know a good butcher shop in the area?”

THE DRAW:
“Oops! I messed up and drew a tag in a unit I know nothing about! Help me please”
“Anyone want to give info to a first time MMer who will undoubtedly never return to the site or participate in anyway”
“I drew a deer tag on X unit!!! Can I get some general tips, no honey holes please. PM me if you feel more comfortable giving away information you learned the hard way and that I am asking for without putting in any work!”
“HELP! Not looking for a handout but I just wanted to take my kid/cat/quadruple amputee midget neighbor hunting and would be happy with a two point!”

OPENING DAY:
“Where are all the ‘buck down’ posts?
“He was the biggest on the mountain but this 1-5 yr old spike sure had a huge body!”
“I’ve hunted hard but haven’t seen any deer from the driver seat of my truck! Can a guy get some help?”
“This unit has really gone down hill. I talked to the warden and he told me all the deer are dead. He blames all the Californians moving in”

MID HUNT:
“I heard from a friend that a 240” buck was killed on X unit. Anyone have pictures?
-“I got a pic of that buck but it’s not mine to share or I’ll get sued.”
-“It was probably poached”
-“What’s the status of that 240” buck that I heard was poached?”

LAST DAY OF THE HUNT:
“Anyone know where I can go to fill the freezer?”
“I hunted hard and killed this huge spike buck on the last day of the hunt”
“In all my 7 years of hunting, I’ve never seen it so bad. Didn’t see a single buck the entire hunt!”

POST HUNT:
“Boy it sure is slow around here. Let’s talk about crusty underwear and what our trophy rooms look like.
“I have X points. What should I put in for next year. I won’t mention what state or my residence status as that would make it too easy to answer.”

There ya go fellas. Did I miss anything? Happy Independence Day! Just remember, someone on this site will start the 4th with more fingers and toes than they’ll have on the 5th!

Not gonna lie I started with a couple of those,
maybe worded a little different. But I feel confident a few years later I have helped, or tried to, more than I received.
I love the one about “ oh shi! did I miss the application date” as I am wondering when the draw results will be out. Everyone has those friends.

??? Dude I text and called you but after you killed your bull opening day you high tailed it out of the country.

Or are you referring to another date? ?
Yea, I caught some kind of crud that night and couldn't shake it. I left Thursday morning.

How about:
"Need help! I wounded a huge bull/buck/doe/cow/critter in the XXX unit 2 weeks ago. I know it was a good hit. I was shooting my (insert weapon of choice) and the animal was only (insert yardage) yards away! He hardly reacted to the hit and me and my 10 year-old spent the better part of 30 minutes scouring the entire mountain for blood. I went back every day since looking for birds to no avail. I took my pet Chihuahua in trying to trail it yesterday. We picked up the trail and the dog took off after it fully open. Now I can't find my dog either. Do you think the meat is still good? If anyone happens to find it, please PM me the exact coordinates here. Or feel free to bring it by my house at XXXX Secret Handshake Lane, Templetown, Utah."

How about:
"Need help! I wounded a huge bull/buck/doe/cow/critter in the XXX unit 2 weeks ago. I know it was a good hit. I was shooting my (insert weapon of choice) and the animal was only (insert yardage) yards away! He hardly reacted to the hit and me and my 10 year-old spent the better part of 30 minutes scouring the entire mountain for blood. I went back every day since looking for birds to no avail. I took my pet Chihuahua in trying to trail it yesterday. We picked up the trail and the dog took off after it fully open. Now I can't find my dog either. Do you think the meat is still good? If anyone happens to find it, please PM me the exact coordinates here. Or feel free to bring it by my house at XXXX Secret Handshake Lane, Templetown, Utah."
Is the meat still good? Well, how big was the chihuahua? Big uns tend to last longer.

That was really good capturing the tag and hunting cycle. :)

Luckily we have dozens of mini cycles to throw in-between all those.
For example:
Winterkill, Shed hunting, horn growth cycle
The hunt expo, wildlife foundations, and tag grab cycle
Hunt success photos cycle.
Average Joe DIY vs Rich man guided cycle
Ban technology cycle
Corrupt guides and famous people cycle
What truck or equipment is best cycle
Best hunting techniques cycle
The political cycle
Town bucks cycle
Do you remember when cycle
Cougars, bears, coyotes, and deer population decline cycle
Turtle hunting cycle
Someone is a troll cycle
The campfire thread cycles
Would you shoot this cycle
Classified sales cycle
Did Elkassassin draw a tag, does he even hunt cycle
THANK YOU FOUNDER CYCLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
etc
etc
etc

I love it when it's a new member who asks an honest question or for help and a ton of the "seasoned" MM members are nothing but asshats towards them! Can't get enough of it!

There are a few members that don't even hunt but have no problem telling you what's wrong and right. Don't you agree @SS! . ?

“Not looking for anyones honey holes”, this one kills me. What they are saying is I don’t deserve the intel but if you want to tell me anyways I’m all ears.

****, if I’m struggling on a hunt, I’m not to prideful to ask for help. This site used effectively is a huge tool that can speed up the learning curve on new territory.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom