There is no Doubt!!!!!!

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
She's pregnant!!!!!

I got my male GSP out of desperation. I had an old GWP (12) and the female GWP I got was gun shy. I needed another dog!!

A friend had a litter of GSPers on the way. I committed to one. They had 6 males. DAMN!!!! I thought since I had committed, I would go ahead and get one and have him "fixed" young.

I took him to the local vet @ 4 months and he told me he wouldn't do it that young, bring him back in 3 more months. I got busy and 3 1/2 months later I began hunting him on chukar (2009).

After 3 hunts I told myself that I had to have a pup out of him thus the testicle removal was forgotten. We had 2 fantastic years together (102 and 135 chukar respectively, not including approx. 100 quail). Then I bought the female. High dollar dog (Sequoia Kennels).

She turned out pretty good too. Retrieved out of freezing water @ 6 months, a little timid as a youngster but loves to hunt and has more staminia than him, smaller too.

When she was 2 1/2 it was time to get that pup I wanted. NOPE!!! She was too timid, wouldn't stand for him.

Took almost another year for her to come into heat again. Same thing. My wife and I tried to physically get them to hook up several times, nothing!!! I decided I would have her artificially inseminated on her next heat. BUT my Vet got killed (long, sad story)

A month or so ago she came into heat again. And with my help it happened.

There is no doubt!! She's putting on weight and eats like never before. Body filling out, nipples swelling, and her behavior is sooo different.

I'm expecting pups the last week of March. Ready to go the last week of May.

3 are spoken for a month before they hit the ground but if anyone is interested, send me a PM

I'm in the Susanville area.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-22-15 AT 11:24PM (MST)[p]Here are some pictures of the parents.

9095imgp0191.jpg
Chuck pointing as a youngster.

3767imgp0145.jpg
Chuck with his mentor.

8811imgp0527.jpg
Trinity Alps, long day for her. Less than a year old at the time.

7533imgp0581.jpg
She was only 8 months in this photo.

7450imgp0578.jpg
Same day as above.

662imgp0144.jpg

3630imgp0476.jpg
He does like attention.

5308imgp0500.jpg

Just kicking it around the campfire.

Not much interest on this forum for chukar dogs but since I have a lot of interest locally, and on the kali forum, I thought I'd pass this info on:

I will not accept money until they are on the ground, and sexed. Then I will post on the kali, outdoors and nv forums.

I'll PM those that PM'd me.

I'll text those that gave me their phone numbers, or I've talked to.

I'll want a $100.00 deposit to get your place in line to pick a pup.

Despite the demand, I won't raise the price. it remains $500.00 for females, $400.00 for males.

Probably 7-8 people have said they want females, only one male request. I'm giving a male to my son and I'm keeping a dog (reason for the breeding) but am really leaning towards a male since the father is the reason I even bred these dogs.

Hunter

....breed her to that boxer....that way you'd have something to shoot when the chukar are scarce...

Congrats on getting her pregnant. That can be so frustrating sometimes.
I had a similar situation with Daisy my shed dog. She would tease the male and stand there long enough for him to get started but not long enough for a hook up. I tried for two years and then I tried artificial insemination. No luck. I tried other studs with the same story. Everything checked out at the vets office but she just would not stand there. I had many people wanting her pups and after 5 years I gave up. Heck, she was getting too old to breed and have pups. Last year I got my first lab male and planned on having pups with a different female. Well it happened. He locked up with her but about two months later I looked out the kitchen window and to my surprise he was hooked up with Daisy. She had 7 pups. One was born dead, one died a day later and one would not come out. She had surgery and had her female organs removed. But I got 4 live pups. Three sold locally and the last one is supposed to go to Florida to my sister if she does not back out. Just turned 7 weeks old. So frustrating to try and try and when I quit trying she does it.
So good luck on selling the pups and congrats on the litter. fatrooster.

When it happened I was holding her head and pulled him up by the collar.

She yelped.....and kept yelping. I felt guilty, dirty, like I was an accomplish to a rape. Once they were hooked up, I walked away. I kept looking back. 20 minutes later when they relaxed, she came running to me. What a relief, thought she might resent it.

Here are the parent's pedigrees if anyone is interested.

5924scan0001.jpg

6740scan0003.jpg

OK.

They are on the ground. Weird!!

I miscalculated the date by a week, and she was 5 days late. I got 3 early Easter morning. When i got back from wood cutting she's had another. By the time my wife got home from work @ 2000 hours, there was a 5th.

This morning I checked the basement and all 5 were doing good.

I got home from work and my wife told me she thought there were 7. We forced her out of the basement and there are 7, 2 males, 5 females.

My son and I are taking the males.

I have 2 deposits in the mail so if anyone else is interested in a female, PM me and I'll contact you tomorrow.

Update.

There is one left. with the two males we were going to take, and one female not spoken for BUT I'm willing to take the last dog, no matter the gender.

So if someone wants a male, I'll sell a male and keep a female.

If that happens, I won't interupt the picking order, I'll take the last dog.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom