They dropping yet?

WYO_ATL

Just curious who has been seeing any muley drops yet. I have been after the herd pretty good with my sled, and have only seen a couple bucks with one side. I just hope they stick around long enough to drop on my area.

Relax WYO. There's still alot of time left. Sounds like you're fevering to me. Doctor says to take 4 weeks and call him in March.

I've seen a couple of small bucks with only one side, but in the same area, I've seen big mature bucks really going after it with each other (fighting) and the antlers are holding on tight. I'm not sure how fast things change, but it seems like when they are fighting that hard and they aren't coming off, they probably still have some time left...

>Just curious who has been seeing
>any muley drops yet. I
>have been after the herd
>pretty good with my sled,
>and have only seen a
>couple bucks with one side.
>I just hope they stick
>around long enough to drop
>on my area.

Wyo,

"After the herd. . . with my sled"

Lets not forget that deer and elk are under extreme physical stress this time of year eeking out an existence with limited food sources, concentrated predation, and deep snow. I really hope your not out there chasing bucks around on your snowmobile. Every calorie burned this time of year comes at a cost. Bucks are particularly vulnerable because they burnt so many calories during the rut immediately prior to winter. Keep that in mind and try to make your scouting and shed hunting low impact. You may just be killing that big buck you hope to tag next season. . .

Here I am catching some air, trying to cut off the herd on my sled. (I was kidding about chasing the deer around, I don't even own a snowmobile) I just have been glassing from the truck, have seen some real nice bucks, but everything has had two horns as of last weekend. I will be out checking them again this weekend, and will probably put boots to the ground the last weekend in February.

This is weird year. I'm pretty sure they won't be dropping until May 5th or later. Check back around that time.

I was out hunting coyotes this past weekend and saw multiple people out shed hunting. Problem is every buck I saw was still packing both antlers. Didn't see any with recently lost antler wounds.

Yeah, in my area at least, I've done a little glassing and have not seen a single dropped buck. Another 2 weeks and I'll really go out. Alot of people out looking already though, mostly just running the deer around an finding the occasional old shed. I'm going to try to hold out a bit longer.

My boys have been wanting to go glass the herds. My head gasket went out on the truck (parts are on order)so we went as far up the dirt roads as we dared in the car which was pretty far with this strange warm weather. We rounded a small hill and watched a herd of about fifty deer move down from the small hill and nervously wander across a grassy meadow. We could see a couple bucks in the group with bloody circles. We hadn't planned on doing any walking but the deer had already moved off of this small hill and across the valley so we walked 100 yards up from the car and found these laying six inches apart. When we glassed across the valley we saw six bucks with headgear so in a few weeks will definitely hit the area.

5328first_browns_of_2015.jpg

Here's the ATL
89763_point_set_atl_-_2015.jpg

Went out glassing today. 25 bucks, 1 had shed out, 2 had dropped one side. The rest still have both. It was an encouraging trip but the downside was that most of the bucks were 3 points or smaller.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-13-15 AT 09:54AM (MST)[p]Saw eight bucks yesterday. 7 of them had both sides and one had one side. Nothing big, all three poins and smaller.

Spent last couple days spotting and looking deer with the kids from the truck. We saw 47 deer. Only one had lost both and no others had even lost a side yet.

No snow has them scattered and in much higher and harder to reach places. Might be a good year for those of use who get out and really hike for shed!

All of the big deer I have been watching this winter had both sides , smaller bucks had one side missing

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom